Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11 on your point
07-15-2011, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
The fleet you didnt name has a reputation for using every broken and fun destroying ability in the game. If you enter an arena against them, just leave. I wont even give those clowns the satisfaction of a match. The Harh'peng needs to be unique, & the proc SHOULD NOT STACK.
THe harpeng is unique to FEDs LOL
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
07-15-2011, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_K
I was angry and hateful at some players who were using an exploit in the current game system.
It should be noted that there is a distinct difference between using something that is overpowered and an exploit. This is NOT an exploit. Don't get me wrong, it still sucks, but it isn't a game-violating action. in fact, why don't you and your fleet load up on Pengs and FAW and return the favor?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
07-15-2011, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_K
(whose fleet I won't mention, I'll just refer to them as not the 527th or 529th)
Thats cute, I see what you did there :p.

I can't speak for everyone in my fleet, but I use a fore and aft Hargh'peng on my science ship to great effect. I've never gotten a kill from the secondary explosion, but my 'peng hits for 10-12 k against bare hull without having to spec for it, and between my CPB3, tricobalt, and these, it's a very efficient dive bomber.

We're not the only fleet or individuals who use them, and frankly, we don't have to justify ourselves to you or anyone else in the community as to WHY we use them. I wasn't in this particular match, but I might as well tell you...if you got facerolled by members of the 528th when we're not at our full strength, (and some of us hardly play any more) you would have gotten facerolled even harder by any of the other good premade teams out there. We've gotten stomped by TSI, EMS, LORE, and 7th Core before, and it does suck. But they won because they were a more efficient team than ours was, whether they were using "OP" skills or not.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14 So why post
07-15-2011, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluerockBeing04 View Post
Thats cute, I see what you did there :p.

I can't speak for everyone in my fleet, but I use a fore and aft Hargh'peng on my science ship to great effect. I've never gotten a kill from the secondary explosion, but my 'peng hits for 10-12 k against bare hull without having to spec for it, and between my CPB3, tricobalt, and these, it's a very efficient dive bomber.

We're not the only fleet or individuals who use them, and frankly, we don't have to justify ourselves to you or anyone else in the community as to WHY we use them. I wasn't in this particular match, but I might as well tell you...if you got facerolled by members of the 528th when we're not at our full strength, (and some of us hardly play any more) you would have gotten facerolled even harder by any of the other good premade teams out there. We've gotten stomped by TSI, EMS, LORE, and 7th Core before, and it does suck. But they won because they were a more efficient team than ours was, whether they were using "OP" skills or not.
Frankly, we don't have to justify ourselves to you or anyone else in the community as to WHY we use them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
07-15-2011, 08:00 AM
Well.. I havent seen anyone in the fleet you mention use anything *but* the most broken stuff availible .. I have heard several times the fleet in question being referenced as skilled players.. Frankly I havent seen anything that validates that claim.. They are regular Fed players like you see in every PUG, but using the latest OP build or setup that can be easily copied from the forums.. Ive seen several screenshot in which some of their players have been caught using multiple sets (borg and aegis set equipped at the same time, multiple commander BOs)

In short, they are laughable.. If not for broken items or cheats, theyd be nothing more than any random Fed PUG.. I havent seen any player from them, playing with anything resembling skill.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
07-15-2011, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maraculus View Post
It should be noted that there is a distinct difference between using something that is overpowered and an exploit. This is NOT an exploit. Don't get me wrong, it still sucks, but it isn't a game-violating action. in fact, why don't you and your fleet load up on Pengs and FAW and return the favor?
Because none of the respectable fleets use obviously broken or OP stuff?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
07-15-2011, 08:25 AM
I use FAW, on my fed cruiser toons so I can grind the pve emblems faster :p It does come off though for pvp.

Yeah Pengs are stupid, and broken, when you can 20k proc someone, and kill them despite having done nothing otherwise to damage them (you didn't even collapse their shields, you aren't pouring massed fire into them etc which again probably will collapse their shields long before bleedthrough killed them anyway), it's a no skill weapon.

Being able to cycle pengs every 3 seconds is equally stupid. You haven't killed them through skill, you killed them because you were given a weapon that just requires the single press of a button.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
07-15-2011, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Ive seen several screenshot in which some of their players have been caught using multiple sets (borg and aegis set equipped at the same time, multiple commander BOs)
That's just a flat out lie, and I'm calling you on it. Cite your evidence or don't make accusations.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
07-15-2011, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
You haven't killed them through skill, you killed them because you were given a weapon that just requires the single press of a button.
That is most of the game! The only skill needed is reflex and button pushing. If people want to compare actual skill, they will need to enter a ring or something offline. Skill and online games are limited to reflex time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
07-15-2011, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maraculus View Post
That is most of the game! The only skill needed is reflex and button pushing. If people want to compare actual skill, they will need to enter a ring or something offline. Skill and online games are limited to reflex time.
There is skill in beating someone or a team in a fight, if you aren't just spamming 20k through your shield powers, or might as well have burst dps faw with a tank cruiser faw.

There's more to STO combat than just "one button I win".

Skill in a game's pvp, falls to 3 things. 1 Game Knowledge and experience, 2 The ability to have a proper setup and 3 reflexes and knowing how to properly time your attacks.

Pengs mitigate all three of these.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:17 PM.