Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41
07-19-2011, 12:49 AM
Quick and easy way of getting the accolade,is just to send a full rare set from one alt to another

Worked for me.
Lt. Commander
# 42
07-19-2011, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinead
Quick and easy way of getting the accolade,is just to send a full rare set from one alt to another

Worked for me.
Based on comments thus far, so I gather. Now, once again for a Pakled like me, um...how do I do that?
Lt. Commander
# 43
07-19-2011, 01:55 AM
Just mail the PT's ingame to any alt
Lt. Commander
# 44
07-19-2011, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Based on comments thus far, so I gather. Now, once again for a Pakled like me, um...how do I do that?
Use the Mail system. Create a new message to yourself (just @YourLoginHere or ToonName@YourLoginHere) and drag the items into the slots on the mail message. You can do up to five items/stacks per message. In Earth Spacedock, the mail terminal is in the Bank.
Lt. Commander
# 45
07-19-2011, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinead
Just mail the PT's ingame to any alt
Use the Mail System by uing a Mail Console located near (usually) Bank Consoles. You have to use a Mail Console to send and pick up items from the mail.
Lt. Commander
# 46
07-19-2011, 04:45 PM
If you are having trouble finding rare particles you are not farming right. to find rare traces go into any exploration sector, and as you are flying around, only scan the annomalies, DO NOT ENTER ANY SYSTEM. Just go around until you figure out the configuration of what anomalies are scan and which are systems, and you'll get rare traces often. I usually spend two hours doing that and I find many rares and whatever common particle is in that cluster.
Lt. Commander
# 47
07-19-2011, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
If you are having trouble finding rare particles you are not farming right. to find rare traces go into any exploration sector, and as you are flying around, only scan the annomalies, DO NOT ENTER ANY SYSTEM. Just go around until you figure out the configuration of what anomalies are scan and which are systems, and you'll get rare traces often. I usually spend two hours doing that and I find many rares and whatever common particle is in that cluster.
Yup doing exactly the same and i can confirm that. Getting a lot of PTs every run. Vertion and Chronometric and Antithoron is rare but getting 1-2 PTs of each kind per 2 hour run in B'Tran(VA) and Delta Volanis. Those two have the best droprate for me for those PTs. Never ever enter Systems and if you want to be quick, use a shuttle better turnrate and so.
Lt. Commander
# 48
07-23-2011, 05:48 AM
Quote:
System anomalies do drop the rare particles.
Lt. Commander
# 49
08-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Thanks to everyone who participated and offered advice. I've been taking some time off from STO but took some of the suggestions offered recently. I tried the method of "farming" by figuring out the pattern of the anomalies and had some luck. I also took the advise offered and mailed some needed materials from my other toon to my VA. So once again the STO community saves the day. Thanks all.

LLAP
Dman1701
Lt. Commander
# 50
08-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I've never checked if it's a regular thing, but I definitely have gotten rare traces from the raid missions.

Of course that requires to have a KDF character (but you don't have to build him for crafting, just mail yourself the anomalies).

If the planned Open PvP raids also yield a lot of rare traces, that would be an excellent reason to farm them, I suppose.
Yah this ^

I only recently started doing the raid missions etc on my klink and was suprised how much easier it was to get all sorts of materials and even particle traces etc via KDF. So much so I'm thinking about having my Klingon be my crafter instead of my fed (Or I could just send stuff through the mail to my Fed constantly...)