Lt. Commander
Im tired of trying to do Infected: Deeper in to the Mystery without a Medic because the leader thinks its ok. (Not complaining about Sci Officers that dont heal, talking about lack of Sci Officers period.

Which brings me to my second grief...why dont Engineers know how to use their powers to like actually save people? Its like pulling teeth trying to get Engineers in pugs to drop cover shields and with the new ground combat you need that cover to survive...especially if your leader doesnt want to wait for a medic.

There is more to the engineer class than dropping turrets...

I dont claim to be the best at any class, but I have all three class's at VA level, I know when its time to put the medic kit on, and when its time to drop cover shield. If people just want to be pew pew phaser light show boys, they should have rolled Tac (and even then, they would probably miss some aspect of that class like supressing fire or stun grenades (bcause Plasma grenades are cooler dontchaknow?)
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-15-2011, 01:21 AM
We did Infected with 3 engi's and 2 tacs.
Possible, but i understand your complaint
I have a sci officer, medkit and all.
Tell me ingame (if i'm online) if you need one. I'll join you if possible !
@Thiil

Hope this puts a smile on a frustrated face
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-15-2011, 03:48 AM
Hi, I'm a science Medic and I'd like to run at least one STF daily. I heal in both space and on the ground
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-15-2011, 04:00 AM
My Fed sci toon is a medic and on the last part of Infected ground. The group I was leading quit because they couldn't jump or kill Borg to support the 3 jumpers. I had to jump since that's what i'm use to doing. Trying to heal teammates was impossible.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-15-2011, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindmage View Post
My Fed sci toon is a medic and on the last part of Infected ground. The group I was leading quit because they couldn't jump or kill Borg to support the 3 jumpers. I had to jump since that's what i'm use to doing. Trying to heal teammates was impossible.
I pretty much had that too. People couldn't or wouldn't jump so I had to balance healing and jumping which slowed everything down.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-15-2011, 05:39 AM
He bud, I know your pain. If you ever want any class let me know -- @schotty

I have a decked tac and sci setup for all tasks that are reasonable (tank and dps for tac. Heal, support, and physics for sci). Both factions.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-15-2011, 05:43 AM
I feel you pain man, I'm and Eng and thats what I spent most of my time doing. Dropping shields, health gens, and running around reviving my team mates because they can't figure out to say in range of one of those. Doesn't give me much time to do anything else. Heck we even had a sci officer with us, but they had tried to speck out for combat, which wasn't really working to well for them.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-15-2011, 08:17 AM
Thanks guys, the jumping is terrible too, but thankfully they are putting in walkways soon.

I hate it when I get down there and find out that 4 people dont/wont jump for various reasons, then you wind up wasting 20 minutes rezzing people who fall in plasma.

The runs where I got to be medic or engineer whent smoothly...go figure its when im running tac that I cant completed infected after 5 or 6 groups.

Ill keep trying but its good that there are at least some competent people in this game =)
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-15-2011, 08:32 AM
im a science officer, RA6 atm, need to get into the STF's at some point so good to know healing sci always needed from my point of view

hopefully ill find a decent group to run with me through all 3 at some point
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-15-2011, 10:06 AM
at VA if they are tac and don't have a grenade satchel kit i'd be leery of them cause all grenades are useful especiially stun i learned that the firsst time i did a stf and only had plasma on my kit and my other kit had photon and smoke only lol