Lt. Commander
I know the C-Store is important for you guys to make some big $$$
and i spend a good amount of cash in there already
but... come on,
do we really need to clutter the ingame UI and now the launcher with huge *in your face* "BUY NOW ON THE C-STORE" buttons everywhere?

Everybody knows the C-Store, everybody knows what items, slots etc. you can get there.
I don't need to be reminded of it's existence every time i open my Bank or Inventory or whatever.

One (small tiny) button in the launcher (in the corner somewhere) and one in the main menu are enough for everyone.

The worst thing so far was in the Featured Episode "The Vault" when Admiral T'Nae told me that i could buy a Delta Flyer in the C-Store... inside the $%/$& MISSION TEXT...

zap zap zap, you see that pile of ash on the ground there? that was my immersion.

disclaimer:
this is NOT a C-Store Thread, actually this has NOTHING to do with the C-Store itself.
this is a i-hate-advertising-in-my-game thread.
the C-Store is just the advertised product.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-15-2011, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
disclaimer:
this is NOT a C-Store Thread, actually this has NOTHING to do with the C-Store itself.
It is about the C-Store. You don't have to pull your punches and pretend it's something else.

The in-game, in-text advertisement for the c-store Delta Flyer felt very tacky.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-15-2011, 05:40 AM
How will i know know where to get Delta Flyer if i new to game ? /coolface
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-15-2011, 05:51 AM
All I can say is don't play Champs.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-15-2011, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
I know the C-Store is important for you guys to make some big $$$
and i spend a good amount of cash in there already
but... come on,
do we really need to clutter the ingame UI and now the launcher with huge *in your face* "BUY NOW ON THE C-STORE" buttons everywhere?

Everybody knows the C-Store, everybody knows what items, slots etc. you can get there.
I don't need to be reminded of it's existence every time i open my Bank or Inventory or whatever.

One (small tiny) button in the launcher (in the corner somewhere) and one in the main menu are enough for everyone.

The worst thing so far was in the Featured Episode "The Vault" when Admiral T'Nae told me that i could buy a Delta Flyer in the C-Store... inside the $%/$& MISSION TEXT...

zap zap zap, you see that pile of ash on the ground there? that was my immersion.

disclaimer:
I have tons of *other* rants about the C-Store; but yes, this is also extremely irksome.

*sigh* but it won't change, just like it doesn't in CO. *grumbles*
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-15-2011, 06:02 AM
If there's anything this game needs, it's more C-Store buttons.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-15-2011, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperLimited View Post
I know right? It's like the Cryptic doesn't want us to know they have a C-Store available.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-15-2011, 06:18 AM
i just want the option to turn it off in the tailor, i hate having this giant list of c-store crap in there, give me a filter option to only show owned/purchased items or a button at the bottom that pulls them all up on a window or something, i hate feeling all cluttered with things that if i wanted i wouldnt bought already.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-15-2011, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperLimited View Post
I gotta have more C-Store buttons!

Seriously though...I still don't understand the problem here. You don't get pop-ups when you're in sector space or any other area telling you to visit the C-Store so I don't see the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-15-2011, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally_Androvar
I gotta have more C-Store buttons!

Seriously though...I still don't understand the problem here. You don't get pop-ups when you're in sector space or any other area telling you to visit the C-Store so I don't see the problem.
And who reads the dialog box any...

F-F-F-F-F-F-F-F-F-F-F