Lt. Commander
# 11
07-15-2011, 07:33 AM
It would appear that capitalism upsets quite a lot of people. I find the complaints about the C-Store more annoying than the actual C-Store. They are everywhere!

The real trick, as you young people will come to discover, is ignoring it. This becomes a lot easier when you are married.

I love the C-Store. Keep it coming!
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-15-2011, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maraculus View Post
It would appear that capitalism upsets quite a lot of people. I find the complaints about the C-Store more annoying than the actual C-Store. They are everywhere!

The real trick, as you young people will come to discover, is ignoring it. This becomes a lot easier when you are married.

I love the C-Store. Keep it coming!
Atlast some one share my point of view.

Why you bother to complain about one line C-Store tip in your mission dialog like it breaks the immersion to game,game chat between JTPICARDKIRKS and hundred of flying EnterprizeDefiant0rz breaks it much more

Ignore it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-15-2011, 07:40 AM
this isent a free to play(pay)game if it was it would be more right , but as it is now launcher , website ingame u see more and more cstore its getting to the point of stupid.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-15-2011, 07:44 AM
A Button on the launcher? A button hidden away in a back menu in the UI? One mention of it in a mission?

Yikes, circle the wagons!

I do agree the mission text was very dissapointing. I expected it to be removed soonafter, or at least supplemented with "Oh and by the way you can get it for free by X" - just remove it please.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-15-2011, 07:51 AM
I'm betting this game is heading for F2P. I don't honestly mind.

As for the buttons, since LoTRO is my other main game, and "visit the LoTRO store, pay to win!" buttons are spaced roughly every 3 pixels in the UI, I just don't notice it anymore :p
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-15-2011, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarjan View Post
this isent a free to play(pay)game if it was it would be more right , but as it is now launcher , website ingame u see more and more cstore its getting to the point of stupid.
So what you're saying is that only F2P games can advertise and any MMO you pay for that does this is "stupid"? Everybody needs to advertise. This is being blown so far out of proportion it's unreal.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-15-2011, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally_Androvar
So what you're saying is that only F2P games can advertise and any MMO you pay for that does this is "stupid"? Everybody needs to advertise. This is being blown so far out of proportion it's unreal.
Yeah I agree. If you are not the target demographic of the advertisement, why get worked up over it? Why is it worth getting upset about? Ignore it and move on. It's a pretty simple concept.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-15-2011, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally_Androvar
The amount of advertising INGAME is OVERKILL.......it's like they are screaming "For the love of God,give us all your money right now cuz we are about to go out of business!!!!!!!"

What's next....adds for Pepsi on ESD?
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-15-2011, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
The amount of advertising INGAME is OVERKILL.......it's like they are screaming "For the love of God,give us all your money right now cuz we are about to go out of business!!!!!!!"

What's next....adds for Pepsi on ESD?
Really? Really?

Just no. This is not overkill. This is a light sprinkling, just letting people know their alternatives. Have you even PLAYED LoTRO? Cause if you want to know what advertising is, head over there. There can be up to 3-4 LoTRO Store buttons on a single UI panel for various store item shortcuts (at least one even has a full, expanding menu). Even their loading screens are advertisements.

And you know what? I don't mind.

Capitalism rocks.

If I don't want to buy something I... *gasp* Ignore the button and play the game! I know, I know, unconventional.

Try not to get worked up so much over it. Hardly a big deal. Don't wanna buy stuff? Don't pay attention to the buttons.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-15-2011, 08:32 AM
Not pepsi, Budweiser.

Quote:
Capitalism rocks.
Madness. The great money trick is the enemy.