Lt. Commander
# 21
07-15-2011, 07:36 AM
I love how there's a C-$tore 'Buy' button on the Sell tab of the Exchange.

"Yes, I'd like to buy a working Exchange for 400 Tokens, please."

Z
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-15-2011, 07:36 AM
Yes, it's overkill because it clutters up already bad UI. They put that stuff in the tailor because people will make mistakes and buy stuff they don't want sometimes.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-15-2011, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
The amount of advertising INGAME is OVERKILL.......it's like they are screaming "For the love of God,give us all your money right now cuz we are about to go out of business!!!!!!!"

What's next....adds for Pepsi on ESD?
What? There's hardly any advertising in game. It amazes me that they don't use all the wall space in the space stations to have advertisements up with the ships, costumes, etc. available. I would also think holographic billboards out in space around the space stations would be a useful marketing device.

More advertising please. This is supposed to be the future and one can only expect that internet popups would have made it off the screen and out into the world at large.

And why aren't the loading screens being utilited for something useful like this?
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-15-2011, 07:37 AM
I find it much more likely they put it there so people could try the outfits on, muck around with them, and they might see something they like and buy it.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-15-2011, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Ridden
I find it much more likely they put it there so people could try the outfits on, muck around with them, and they might see something they like and buy it.
Indeed, how could i try outfits before buy one like it was before ?
It was good change.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-15-2011, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally_Androvar
So what you're saying is that only F2P games can advertise and any MMO you pay for that does this is "stupid"? Everybody needs to advertise. This is being blown so far out of proportion it's unreal.
I'm with you here. I find it very short sighted to think that a game must be F2P just to advertize their online store.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-15-2011, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
The worst thing so far was in the Featured Episode "The Vault" when Admiral T'Nae told me that i could buy a Delta Flyer in the C-Store... inside the $%/$& MISSION TEXT...
Whoa, wait... what?

Is this new? Because I don't remember that being part of the mission briefing.

If that's the case then that is totally and entirely unacceptable and seriously Cryptic, you need to remove that **** now. Totally, totally, totally not cool.

If you're going to be advertising to me in game you'd better start paying me for that advertising space you're taking up on my screen (via a stipend is fine) or start refunding my LTS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
It is about the C-Store. You don't have to pull your punches and pretend it's something else.
Sounds like as much a UI issue and in-game text issue as anything else, making it a general issue and thus making the topic required for this board. As soon as the Store starts creeping out of the Store and into other areas so should the topics about it. It's not like a topic about how the Excelsior flies is a C-Store topic, it's a Cruiser topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
All I can say is don't play Champs.
Champions is Free-to-Play. That's the big difference.

*Points to my Avatar* That's my Champion's main. Cryptic can advertise to me there because there I get a stipend of points. They pay me for that privilege, and Silver players get the privilege of playing the game for free in exchange for the advertising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maraculus View Post
It would appear that capitalism upsets quite a lot of people.
Nope. Capitalism is fine, but on that note Cryptic needs to start paying me if they want to start tossing advertising into a premium service. If you want to advertise to me you'd damn well better pay for that advertising space or I'd better damn well not be paying for the "privilege" of seeing your damn ads.

Advertising space is worth money. If you don't pay to advertise, or provide a free service supported by those advertisements, then you don't get the privilege of adverting.

No free lunches. That's capitalism.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-15-2011, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
The amount of advertising INGAME is OVERKILL.......it's like they are screaming "For the love of God,give us all your money right now cuz we are about to go out of business!!!!!!!"

What's next....adds for Pepsi on ESD?
Well why not? Look at the budwiser adds from the new startrek movie (granted the inside of the enterprise was a brewing company) Also I have had a strange craving for Coke-Cola after playing fallout. Still haven't figured that one out.
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-15-2011, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasensal
Really? Really?

Just no. This is not overkill. This is a light sprinkling, just letting people know their alternatives. Have you even PLAYED LoTRO? Cause if you want to know what advertising is, head over there. There can be up to 3-4 LoTRO Store buttons on a single UI panel for various store item shortcuts (at least one even has a full, expanding menu). Even their loading screens are advertisements.

And you know what? I don't mind.

Capitalism rocks.

If I don't want to buy something I... *gasp* Ignore the button and play the game! I know, I know, unconventional.

Try not to get worked up so much over it. Hardly a big deal. Don't wanna buy stuff? Don't pay attention to the buttons.
I agree with this as well. People are reading way too much into just a few advertisements.
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-15-2011, 07:58 AM
I've been tired of the C-Store for some time now, Season 4 just annoys the hell out of me with it's "HEY LOOK WE HAVE AN IN-GAME STORE !!!" campaign it has going.