Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Ok ... Was excited because when I activated the queue for SB-24, it dropped me right in.

And then .... disappointment and heart break.

My hot keys / key binds using just 1 through 9 were no longer working.

When I checked it, it seemed like the alt + number keys might have been affecting them somehow.

I did notice that the layout of my bridge officer's bar changed as far as officer order as well.

Logged out and checked another character with the same problem.

Then logged back into the first character to notice that it had corrected itself.

Went back into the SB-24 fleet action and had it happen again.

For all of my characters, whenever I go to use the key commands (especially 1 through 0) to activate bridge officer commands in space, those bindings disappear and leave me without the ability to activate those assigned powers.

This last time, I saw the little number over the powers affected winking in and out and then finally just out.

Until fixed, I cannot play the game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-15-2011, 06:10 AM
I have the same problem,
you can even see it happening when you go to your keybinds, to the section that holds your keybinds for skills 1-10. As soon as you press a number key of 1-0 all the keybinds for the first hotkeybar dissapear. Happens since todays patch (juli 15)
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-15-2011, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
Ok ... Was excited because when I activated the queue for SB-24, it dropped me right in.

And then .... disappointment and heart break.

My hot keys / key binds using just 1 through 9 were no longer working.

When I checked it, it seemed like the alt + number keys might have been affecting them somehow.

I did notice that the layout of my bridge officer's bar changed as far as officer order as well.

Logged out and checked another character with the same problem.

Then logged back into the first character to notice that it had corrected itself.

Went back into the SB-24 fleet action and had it happen again.

For all of my characters, whenever I go to use the key commands (especially 1 through 0) to activate bridge officer commands in space, those bindings disappear and leave me without the ability to activate those assigned powers.

This last time, I saw the little number over the powers affected winking in and out and then finally just out.

Until fixed, I cannot play the game.

I think this is the same thing that's happening to me. Whenever I press either of the mouse buttons or the 1-9 keys to activate the skill it seems to be switching the keybinds to an empty file. I've tried mapping keys in this file (you can view it by opening the keybinds section of the options menu and pressing any of the numbers it's affecting) but it won't accept any binds so I'm in the same boat, completely unable to play any ground.
It's only started happening after this mornings patch, it was fine before the maintenance.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-15-2011, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militis View Post
I think this is the same thing that's happening to me. Whenever I press either of the mouse buttons or the 1-9 keys to activate the skill it seems to be switching the keybinds to an empty file. I've tried mapping keys in this file (you can view it by opening the keybinds section of the options menu and pressing any of the numbers it's affecting) but it won't accept any binds so I'm in the same boat, completely unable to play any ground.
It's only started happening after this mornings patch, it was fine before the maintenance.
So ... We now know that this is happening in both space and ground.

:::: sends out a general distress call ....
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-15-2011, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
So ... We now know that this is happening in both space and ground.

:::: sends out a general distress call ....
Sorry, I should have made that clear. It's only happening on the ground for me as far as I know (I don't do space). I'll check now though.

EDIT; Just checked, Space seems to be doing the same thing. If I use the numbers to activate skills, but it's OK if I only use the mouse.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Workaround
07-15-2011, 07:57 AM
I had exactly the same problem, after trying several workarounds I found out that it has something to do with the "Personal Tray", "Big Personal Tray" and/or "Bridge Crew" panels and how you set them up.

I now have put my "Personal Tray" to preset 3, this makes the 3 bar "Big Personal Tray" visible. Now if I set the lowest bar to "1" the problem is solved.

Of course this is a bug in STO, but you can use this as a workaround for the time being.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-15-2011, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skivar View Post
I had exactly the same problem, after trying several workarounds I found out that it has something to do with the "Personal Tray", "Big Personal Tray" and/or "Bridge Crew" panels and how you set them up.

I now have put my "Personal Tray" to preset 3, this makes the 3 bar "Big Personal Tray" visible. Now if I set the lowest bar to "1" the problem is solved.

Of course this is a bug in STO, but you can use this as a workaround for the time being.
I tried that and the numbers IDing the hotkey faded in and out and finally disappeared again.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Somehow keybinds are messed up since S4, only solution for me is to logout and log back in.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-15-2011, 02:04 PM
This bug was NOT fixed in the hotfix.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-15-2011, 02:08 PM
This is happening to me as well. I have not seen this glitch since today's patch.
It scared me since I started burning all my batteries/Deuterium Tanks before I noticed.