Lt. Commander
# 1 Featured Episode news
07-15-2011, 06:00 AM
From today's patch notes:
Quote:
The Klingon versions of the following Featured Episode Arcs have been changed
(This change went live with Season 4, but was mistakenly not noted)
  • The Breen Arc requires level 11 to start
  • The Devidian Arc requires level 21 to start
  • The Romulan Arc requires level 31 to start
Two questions come to mind. First, does this also apply to the Starfleet versions?

Second: ...why? Again, Cryptic is back-loading content. Why do they think this is a better idea than, you know, giving new KDFers something to do?
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-15-2011, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarxide
What a new and excting thread !
Thanks for the links, but they would have sufficed on their own.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-15-2011, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolikos
From today's patch notes:

Two questions come to mind. First, does this also apply to the Starfleet versions?

Second: ...why? Again, Cryptic is back-loading content. Why do they think this is a better idea than, you know, giving new KDFers something to do?
I agree. Why? A KDF character has to be Lt. Commander to access the Defari? Commander to fight the Dividians, and Captain to go against the Romulans? That is total BS!

Having all of the features series open to KDF characters at Lt. 7 is very reasonable since the missions scale. By level afixing them, it makes it that much harder to level up, and only serves to validate the major complaints about the KDF's lack of playability.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-15-2011, 06:26 PM
They are doing the same to the Federation according to what the Devs said today.

It is unfortunate with the change because those missions were a good way to get good gear at each promotion.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-15-2011, 08:24 PM
I find this to **** me off as i started playing my klingon to have this happen there is notthing else to do that in the way of pve thats fun other then the featured epsiodes and i feel it should be put back to how it was till klingons are given move pve missions that are fun and like how fed have lots of stuff to do as pvp sucks and explore mission are boring as hell... only thing i enjoy on klingon side to level up was the episodes...now its going to take for ever to level and knowing my luck ill give out after a couple of levels
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-15-2011, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokorose View Post
I find this to **** me off as i started playing my klingon to have this happen there is notthing else to do that in the way of pve thats fun other then the featured epsiodes and i feel it should be put back to how it was till klingons are given move pve missions that are fun and like how fed have lots of stuff to do as pvp sucks and explore mission are boring as hell... only thing i enjoy on klingon side to level up was the episodes...now its going to take for ever to level and knowing my luck ill give out after a couple of levels
And how do you really feel? :p
Welcome to our World.
Be sure to show your support for additionl Klingon content in the forums!
Maybe with with a...more thought out posting...
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-15-2011, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokorose View Post
yes... welcome to our world.

one minor point of constructive criticism, if I could.

Sentences.

With sentence breaks.

hard to follow posts aren't often taken seriously by lots of folks.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-16-2011, 10:46 AM
I think the point is that they did it to the KDF and didn't announce it, but left the Federation alone for now. Yes, they plan on doing it to them too, that's great. But the stealth nerf wasn't necessary at all.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Well here we are with yet annother monumentally bad decision by Cryptic regarding the KDF, do they really believe restricting what little content we have is a good idea? at times i really do not have a clue what they are thinking. And then they add insult to injury by doing it to the KDF first leaving the Fed side able to do them whenever they please despite the fact they are already overflowing with content compared to the KDF.

This decision is going to make the grind to level a KDF character even worse and more mind numbingly boring than it was before, i guess they thought that the KDF was getting too popular and decided they needed a way to make less people play them again, after all if the numbers get too high they would lose the excuse about low population for why the KDF gets generally ignored.