Lt. Commander
# 1 New Klingon; Need Advice
07-15-2011, 05:43 PM
Howdy, fellow Klinks!

I'm new to the faction, and coming back to the game after a long break, and I was wondering what should the leveling path for a Klingon look like? I know they've tweaked the FEs with season 4, and I understand the content is somewhat think KDF side, so if anyone could shoot some advice in my direction, it would be very appreciated.

Thanks for your help!
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-15-2011, 06:25 PM
Well, you have the option of PvP, Exploration Sectors, and some missions throw in.

When I'm levelling a Klingon, I try to get in to PvP when I can, but it is hard to find matches below Captain. I do enough exploration missions to get exploration badges to upgrade my ship. Once you can do the FEs, they are worth doing again at each promotion for the xp and gear rewards.

You are going to be doing a lot of the same stuff over and over.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-18-2011, 12:17 AM
Hi, I am new as well, is there any open space pvp or is there only sign up matches?
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-18-2011, 12:48 AM
Ker'rat is the only open PvP Zone as far as I remember. Otherwise only the sign up matches with the broken ques.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-18-2011, 12:57 AM
If you plan on pvp'ing, even @ lower tiers, PLEASE join the Organized PVP chat channell. Good for advice, teaming, and general haberdashery.

Also in addition to Ker'rat, there's Otha, the open pvp ground map.

And welcome to the KDF
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-18-2011, 01:22 AM
My journey to become a true warrior has but only begun, I am forced to hide my true allegiance like a damned Romulan. The day I acquire a ship to command I will break free of these chains of servitude and show the federation the way of the warrior, like the true klingon I am. My path to glory awaits, long live the empire!
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-18-2011, 07:30 AM
As someone who has played KDF since Closed Beta the leveling path should look like this.

Delete character.
Remake as Fed Klingon.
Enjoy better game experience.

I'm serious.

If that doesn't appeal to you then you may be just the masochist that we're looking for. Welcome aboard. Abandon all hope, ye who queue up in KDF PvP queues.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-18-2011, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKatrina View Post
As someone who has played KDF since Closed Beta the leveling path should look like this.

Delete character.
Remake as Fed Klingon.
Enjoy better game experience.

I'm serious.

If that doesn't appeal to you then you may be just the masochist that we're looking for. Welcome aboard. Abandon all hope, ye who queue up in KDF PvP queues.
I have to agree with this. Make a federation klingon you have a lot more fun.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-18-2011, 07:46 AM
the leveling schedual's been mussed up something hard since they level gated the FE's on our side. Something I hope they'll undo soon. Repeating some of the breen missions will help you along, and once you've unlocked the devidian missions Spin the Wheel grants decent XP for like 5 minutes of work. the PvP ques are slow, and open PvP is nice if you don't end up getting put in a map with a bunch of Fed VA's who love testing their epic skillz on lowbies. Also remember that Kerrat and Ortha have KDF versions as well, and you'll more than likely find that the KDF'ers will help you get your PvP missions since we're mostly all in the same boat, and not just making toons to mine 'the spot'.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-18-2011, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
the leveling schedual's been mussed up something hard since they level gated the FE's on our side.
It is unclear if you are trying to insinuate that they haven't gated the FE's by level on the Fed side or not. But just for clarification's sake, I am fairly certain that FE's are gated to both factions at the same level points. I could be wrong.