Lt. Commander
# 11
07-16-2011, 06:31 AM
I THINK I MIGHT HAVE FOUND A FIX!!

Well a temp fix anyway!

For those of you who are effected, try swapped your power trays around. So, if you had 3 bars that went, 1, 2, 3, from top to bottom, try swapping it so it looks like 3, 2, 1. So one is at the bottom!

Same for 2 bars on your power tray. Just have 2 above (or ontop of) 1. You might have to move some of your powers around, but for me it least it makes the game playable!!!

I've tried it on both my toons in both ground and space and it seems to be working! Let me know if it works for you!
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-16-2011, 09:14 AM
I have this issue. It's detrimental to my Klink character, since I'm heavily dependent on my personal keybind setup.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-17-2011, 12:37 AM
same problem for me but only affects ground combat and started in season 4. My fleet mate has the same problem. I have a logitech G15 keypad and my fleet mate had that too, others do not have itso I wonder if its keypad
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-17-2011, 06:50 AM
If you switch back to bar layout 3 instead of 4 the problem goes away so its only an issue with layout 4 that i can see.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-17-2011, 01:56 PM
i have teh 2 bar layout and it was efecting that, went to 3 still teh same, i had to copy bar 1 to bar 2 so i can have any sort of combat at all.
Lt. Commander
# 16 same
07-18-2011, 01:24 AM
at last some people with the same problem as me thinkin i was the only one. But this problem is making the game unplayable for me i put a ticket in 48 hours ago and no reply.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-18-2011, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy84 View Post
Hi there

Anyone else having the below problem, discovered it after I downloaded the lastest patch. Had no problems before the patch and I've tried everyway I can to try and fix it.

Everytime I press '1' on either my top bar or my keypad, the game will fire off that power, but then the number itself will flick down to the line below, so the next time I go to press '1' it fires of a different power and then flicks back up to the line above (were it was in the first place), this happens the same with all the other numbers as well.

Can anybody help me with this? Is it a problem that has already been picked up by the Devs?

I tried to log out and reload STO, no effect. So I thought it might be my machine, restarted my PC. No effect. I've tried resetting to default, both in space and ground. No effect, not sure what else I can try! I'm very much in the same position, the game at the moment is unplayable for me. I've tried to post a ticket in game but the tickets are not showing up at the moment, so I don't know if thats another problem or not.

Someone please help!!!
I am thankful that this is not only happening to me (i know it a pain in the butt) it's made shotter mode useless for me
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-19-2011, 05:39 PM
I got a GM response

It told me they had installed season 4 so there was a bunch of changes and gave me a link to the patch notes.

Which was of no help at all and had pratically nothing to do with the issue.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-21-2011, 01:52 PM
I have posted a workaround that fixed this for me over on this thread.