Lt. Commander
# 21
07-15-2011, 01:00 PM
I understand your fusterations. But check this out, since the patch went live like six hours ago, many players like me, and nearly everyone i play with and know in my friends list Crash every 3 to 5 minets during game play. SO this renders the game unplayable to all of us. I'm really sorry to thous who have to wate a little bit to play, but if they dont fix this, then many people will not be able to play till Monday. For all you know, you could log in and this happens to you. Jest look on the bright side, pop in some trek shows or movies, it will only be 3 hours.

Even thou this affects my game play, i would like to thank the Devs for there hard work trying to fix this stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHopeForSome View Post
It's 9pm here in Sunny ol' England, so it's cutting right into my time, but being a sane, rational, non-nerd rager, I understand that if something needs fixing, it needs fixing. i have other things I can do while this stuff gets sorted out. Hopefully, my fellow countrymen will show the same kind of style and grace and we can all get back on STO soon.
I allready did in a post above yours

Plenty of stuff to do elsewhere...
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-15-2011, 01:04 PM
I do not mind any patch that fixes critical and wide-spread game stopping issues. Granted, I minded at first until I overcame my ignorance as to why it was happening now, of all times. I'm actually starting to feel relieved in that I did not get to play again since last night yet, now with hopes of avoiding what I've been hearing others going through.

Hope this fixes those problems, indeed! I am just really looking forward to being able to do my delta dailies again finally! At 7/10 for the crafting of it!

I must say though, I left before Season 2 came out, after reaching the cap at that time of RA5. I just returned a little over a week ago and from what I remember back then how the game was and looking at how it is now... STO has improved so immensely that I could not even begin to do it justice by giving it an "improvement percentage" number.

Keep up the great work Cryptic! (Sorry, I still loathe Atari, that won't change. But you guys and gals at Cryptic, you ROCK!)
Lt. Commander
# 24 Ya, Rly
07-15-2011, 01:05 PM
The game is buggy, and it has been buggy. Releasing new stuff typically breaks more than it fixes.

Yet, the team is still *trying* to put out new content and still *trying* to fix some of the broken crap.

The effort is worth commendation.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-15-2011, 01:05 PM
Now I have some time to read the forum and they fix the game !!
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-15-2011, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHopeForSome View Post
It's 9pm here in Sunny ol' England, so it's cutting right into my time, but being a sane, rational, non-nerd rager, I understand that if something needs fixing, it needs fixing. i have other things I can do while this stuff gets sorted out. Hopefully, my fellow countrymen will show the same kind of style and grace and we can all get back on STO soon.
I say old chap. Well said!

More tea?
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-15-2011, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkBugHunter View Post
keep up the good work devs
Oh, I fully agree with this. I may not be happy with having one of my few playable evenings cancelled by maintenance, but don't let that tell you I don't appreciate what has been done so far. I love S4 so far, so if anything it's out of disappointment that I can't play more. So yeah, keep up the good work guys.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-15-2011, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InertiaCreeps
The game is buggy, and it has been buggy. Releasing new stuff typically breaks more than it fixes.

Yet, the team is still *trying* to put out new content and still *trying* to fix some of the broken crap.

The effort is worth commendation.
Well said my friend
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-15-2011, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CrypticOps
We will be bringing down Holodeck from 1:00PM to 3:00PM PDT (2000 to 2300 UTC) in order to perform an emergency maintenance and apply a new patch. We will provide an update once the maintenance has been completed.
Thank you, STO was starting to get a tad annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-15-2011, 01:24 PM
People should be angry about the downtime happening right now. It should have happened 6 hours ago. The dreaded rollback feature would have been best used today. Cryptic installed a fluffer level patch this morning. It wasn't a vital life changing addition of new content. Roll it back to pre-patch and tinker with the patch over the weekend. The 6 hours of disconnects could have been skipped along with the 3 hour "new" patch window and traded in for maybe 2 hours of the rollback.

Remember the MMO cardinal rule : Never ever, ever, ever break the game on a Friday. Break it on a Tuesday instead.
Closed Thread