Lt. Commander
Since the recent maintenaince patch I can't run the game and keep getting sucking on the Deep Space Encounter loads. There appears to be a memory leak with the game client taking 1.7 of the 2 gig RAM. Is anyone else experiencing this? Help!
Lt. Commander
# 2 Update ...
07-15-2011, 03:43 PM
The loader now freezes the window
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Have you ran the launcher with the "verify" option so the game can check it's own files for corruption?
Lt. Commander
# 4 I'll give that a try - thx
07-15-2011, 03:54 PM
Thank you - I hope that helps Getting nervous. Really don't want to have to download the game files again. It costs a fortune in my country.
Lt. Commander
# 5 Nope [Sigh]
07-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Server not responding ...
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-15-2011, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
Server not responding ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
Folks (and I will really make this a copy-paste posting):

Without detailed information we cannot ever assist you. And detailed information is not "STO does not work but WoW works!". They are different server locations. You so not use the same pathways to get to server A that you use to get to server B.

* *Always* run a tracert. Find out which hops you are taking and where the lag starts.
* *Always* use the nettest tool to check if you are able to connect properly.
* *Always* add from where you are playing (I don't need your address, but we do need to know where in the world you are and what your internet service provider is)

These three are the minimum we need to even be able to guess where the problem could be.
Run tracert and nettest to make sure it's STO's servers causing the problem.

Z
Lt. Commander
It took 15 minutes to transfer me to the map instance. When I arrived there, I cannot see my ship, and no keys work. Also as you can see my ship has no skills. I also received this which I posted in another post. There reason for two posts because one was a bug, the other was a question to the community if they were experiencing similar issues.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-15-2011, 05:53 PM
Quote:
It took 15 minutes to transfer me to the map instance. When I arrived there, I cannot see my ship, and no keys work. Also as you can see my ship has no skills. I also received this which I posted in another post. There reason for two posts because one was a bug, the other was a question to the community if they were experiencing similar issues.
You're using Steam? Could be a Steam issue...

Z
Lt. Commander
# 9 How so?
07-16-2011, 12:21 AM
Yes I am using steam - but I don't understand how the third party is the culprit. Can someone provide me with some information of why steam would be causing the problems?
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-16-2011, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Yes I am using steam - but I don't understand how the third party is the culprit. Can someone provide me with some information of why steam would be causing the problems?
Steam is junky software, but other people are using it and not having problems so that's probably not it. Someone (Armsman?) suggested to disable on-demand patching and vivoxx voice chat to see if that helps.

Z