Lt. Commander
# 11 Thats news
07-16-2011, 11:28 AM
I've been using steam for over four years - this is the first time its even been suggested to be the cause of ingame stabilities. Funny how not a single other game I run through steam 11 in total are affected? Also, steam support also is in the dark. But, honestly - just looking around the forum kinda makes me think thats a dubious proposition at best.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-16-2011, 01:43 PM
OP I cant comment on your issue but its not to do with Steam I can say for sure so to say steam is a junky piece of software is wrong
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-20-2011, 05:27 PM
If you are still having problems:

*Always* run a tracert. Find out which hops you are taking and where the lag starts.
*Always* use the nettest tool to check if you are able to connect properly.
*Always* add from where you are playing (I don't need your address, but we do need to know where in the world you are and what your internet service provider is)

Tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com to check your routing.

You can run tracerts from a windows prompt or through online tools; select that which works best for you.

Nettest:
Go to files.champions-online.com/nettest.exe
Download this file and run it
A command prompt should appear running the test automatically
Copy and paste the results to the forum

Good nettest results have column 1 and 3 with values between 300- 500kb/sec, column 2 with 20kb/sec . Values lower than this indicate some sort of network problem between your computer and the game servers. Problems can include port blocking, port filtering, trafic throttling, or ISP issues.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-21-2011, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
There appears to be a memory leak with the game client taking 1.7 of the 2 gig RAM. Is anyone else experiencing this? Help!
I experience about 1.8G of memory taken from my 24G of memory on my system. Not having any issues or memory leaks though. If it was a memory leak, would it not reach the maximum memory size a 32bit application can take which is 3.8G?