Lt. Commander
# 11
07-18-2011, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKatrina View Post
It is unclear if you are trying to insinuate that they haven't gated the FE's by level on the Fed side or not. But just for clarification's sake, I am fairly certain that FE's are gated to both factions at the same level points. I could be wrong.
I was able to do the romulan FE on My new Lt7 Federation engineer yesterday. So they not gated on Federation side. At least not that arch.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCO
I was able to do the romulan FE on My new Lt7 Federation engineer yesterday. So they not gated on Federation side. At least not that arch.
Well **** me running. That's crap. Assuming you aren't the craziest person in crazy town and you're telling the truth here, this is something that needs to get addressed one way or the other asap. I can -vaguely kinda sorta- see the logic behind gating it. (Not running out of fresh content on a character immediately and being bored for the last 75% of gameplay, instead occasionally allowing injections of new story line to break the monotony). But having it one way for one faction and the other for the other is..... ridiculous at best.....
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-18-2011, 03:25 PM
<remove link as I am cleaning up my google pic site>
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-18-2011, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahzaar View Post
and I was wondering what should the leveling path for a Klingon look like?
You know those Kill X number of ship missions that you get in each "nebula" ? Yeah. Your path is basically do those ad inifinitum until you level to 41. Then go do the 41 to 50 content as the game synchs both factions up finally.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-18-2011, 04:08 PM
Would love to know Cryptic's reasoning behind this.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-18-2011, 04:25 PM
Quote:
an attempt to make it appear as though the KDF has some sort of PvE story progression
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-18-2011, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Word is that FE's will be gated for Feds too, but that it was convenient to go ahead and do so KDF-side while revamping Qo'noS.

Of course, that doesn't really answer the question as to why it's being done at all...
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-18-2011, 04:38 PM
In theory level gating the FE's is a good thing, the problem is that while there is plenty of content to lead up to those missions for the Federation the KDF still lacks the 3-4 missions that would be necessary between each promotion to keep people from having to do a lot of grinding between the episodes. Personally I'd rather see them ungated till such time as there's a minimal content necessary to bridge the gap. Currently the work up to FE series 1 is fine, but the work up to FE series 2 & 3? It just doesn't work with the current state of the KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-18-2011, 08:33 PM
Because they want you to get the full KDF experience and not just farm the FE's for loot and xp. Because when you do that you miss the full richness of the kdf leveling experience...
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-19-2011, 06:37 AM
It has an unexpected effect also, if you PvP.

The feds get scorpions before KDF has access to them.

Lt Cmdr PvP was more than a little annoying.