Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41
07-21-2011, 11:47 PM
That is interesting, I was told that Hull Repair had no known effects. Very interesting, sounds like some strange holdovers in the skill system
Lt. Commander
# 42
07-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Yeah, I'm really hoping that as Heretic and Co. look at Carriers, they'll address the skill issue with them as well. If nothing else removing tags that make it appear pets gain benefits from skills they don't. (Or more clearly showing how the pets gain benefits.)

Honestly lately, doing this testing has really, really made me want to see STO's skill system completely overhauled - it's kind of a confusing mess at present, which is unfortunate.
Lt. Commander
# 43
07-22-2011, 08:04 PM
I do agree the skill system is rather obfuscated.I wish they would at-least release complete text on everything in it. Finally A gated tree system I think would make things much more simple and clear. However there are plenty of other things on my wish list ahead of this.
Lt. Commander
# 44
07-23-2011, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistformsquirrel
Yeah, I'm really hoping that as Heretic and Co. look at Carriers, they'll address the skill issue with them as well. If nothing else removing tags that make it appear pets gain benefits from skills they don't. (Or more clearly showing how the pets gain benefits.)

Honestly lately, doing this testing has really, really made me want to see STO's skill system completely overhauled - it's kind of a confusing mess at present, which is unfortunate.
I heard they want to split up the ground and space skills so you can train in both without sacrificing stuff, if they do do that, maybe they will also overhaul the system.
Lt. Commander
# 45
07-31-2011, 10:53 PM
Heretic's post today supports your research Mistformsquirrel:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
...As for the player skills modifying stats, I have been digging through things to confirm this, but I am fairly certain than n the vast majority of cases player stats do not, in fact, affect deployable stats. I found a couple of fairly minor exceptions, but thus far I haven't found any player skill effects in anything important other than hanger bay recharge time - certainly, weapons and shields do not appear to be affected as far as I can tell...
Lt. Commander
# 46
08-08-2011, 07:36 AM
so you are telling me that skills affect the ships or deploy.....
I might have to rethink not using a carrier
Lt. Commander
# 47
08-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistformsquirrel

Geko is planning on doing a space review of all skills and powers to resolve exactly these kinds of questions and issues.
Lt. Commander
# 48
08-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Geko is planning on doing a space review of all skills and powers to resolve exactly these kinds of questions and issues.
Groovy. Is this a Season 4 thing or S5+ thing?
Lt. Commander
# 49
08-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Groovy. Is this a Season 4 thing or S5+ thing?
It will likely be rolled out in stages as Geko has time to dig into it; I expect at least some of the elements of this to roll out in the relatively near future. There are a number of other changes that are prerequisites and some other things that depend on it, so it's going to be a little jigsawish.
Lt. Commander
# 50
08-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
It will likely be rolled out in stages as Geko has time to dig into it; I expect at least some of the elements of this to roll out in the relatively near future. There are a number of other changes that are prerequisites and some other things that depend on it, so it's going to be a little jigsawish.
"Relatively near future"? Ooohh... That's exciting! Obviously it'll be a jigsaw, sheesh yeah. Right up there with the Ground Revamp, I'd image. Good on Geko and Team for the effort. Tell 'im we send positive thoughts!

(P.S. While you guys are under the hood changing Tooltops and UI and whatnot, please don't forget to add Shield Regeneration/Damage Reduction stats. Please/thanks. )