Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
07-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Another idea for an improved GPVP map would be a dynamic map where Engineers can use controls from a control center to raise / lower force fields or blow up EPS conduits as a hostile team passes by. Something each class could do.
This sounds awesome! Like with the episodes that have class specific jobs. I'd love to see some ideas on this in a thread! However, I hardly think that would "fix" GPvP.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-16-2011, 05:08 PM
Well even if you're getting steamrolled you don't lose anything by respawning, all you do by refusing to do so is take away any chance to turn the game around your team might have had. And if an entire team refuses to respawn you're trapping the other team in a neverending game.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morglon
Well even if you're getting steamrolled you don't lose anything by respawning, all you do by refusing to do so is take away any chance to turn the game around your team might have had. And if an entire team refuses to respawn you're trapping the other team in a neverending game.
For that PvP for Marks or Emblems, not at all. But those doing it for the kill accolades or for fun, you do tend to lose out since its not fun to be steamrolled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragamite View Post
This sounds awesome! Like with the episodes that have class specific jobs. I'd love to see some ideas on this in a thread! However, I hardly think that would "fix" GPvP.
I'm glad you liked it, going to be posting a full scale proposal in the PvP thread after I get pictures drawn up with a particular map in mind.

But I wouldn't say it wouldn't fix GPvP, but it could give regular players a bit of a chance against hardcore teams. Now with ability balancing, no that won't help a bit.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-16-2011, 06:08 PM
Quote:
[*]1-Shot Kills
This is the logical consequence of making the game faster. Before 2-3 shots were deadly now 1 shots are sometimes.. Its also sort of part of the class balance currently.. engineer mines easily one-shot too and as tac you better one shot that sci charging towards you with a finger on the placate button or you lost already as tac.

So if anything, you should rather ask for a complete rollback to the old much better balanced ground combat if you don't like the new faster paced one ;-)
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-16-2011, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiy
This is the logical consequence of making the game faster. Before 2-3 shots were deadly now 1 shots are sometimes.. Its also sort of part of the class balance currently.. engineer mines easily one-shot too and as tac you better one shot that sci charging towards you with a finger on the placate button or you lost already as tac.

So if anything, you should rather ask for a complete rollback to the old much better balanced ground combat if you don't like the new faster paced one ;-)
There is no need for a complete rollback, just some tweeking and perhaps some reinvisioning. For example:

Tacticals its all about Attack buff + Attack Buff + Attackbuff in order to do damage.

Engineers its all about spamming deployables.

Science, it's spamming heals.

This goes for both Space and Ground and It always felt like it was a major downplay to STO's playstyle because in other MMOs it typically was "1 buff for a particular use". Like why couldn't Tactical's have one buff as an Ranged + Accuracy Boost, another being a firing rate buff with an exhaustion side effect. Power Cells go from +Damage to +Faster Cooldown Rates with the malfunction debuff removal.

Right there would make them effective at the same time reduced their 1-shot potential.

Heals is just down-right impossible for Cryptic to fix without making two seperate variables, because in PvE it's a necessity, for PvP it's overkill. And I can't think of any medium, can you?
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-16-2011, 07:21 PM
Coming back to the game after a long hiatus. Omg have they not fixed one shot kills yet.

Remember this thread Azurian

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=100114
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-16-2011, 11:53 PM
Yeah, Pre-S4 thats all about Ground combat, spam exposes until you land one and then expose kill. So that's finally got regulated to where it's there but not something to rely on.

But be nice what is Cryptic thinking about changing. Else we could have another FAW situation.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-17-2011, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Yeah, Pre-S4 thats all about Ground combat, spam exposes until you land one and then expose kill. So that's finally got regulated to where it's there but not something to rely on.

But be nice what is Cryptic thinking about changing. Else we could have another FAW situation.
One of the issues I have right now is that the "Shot Gun" can be used to kill an ENTIRE TEAM as an EXPOSE weapon!

Perhaps they should just remove the Expose/Exploit system and just make it so that SOME weapons (previously the Exploit shot weapons) instead just have a chance (say 10% chance per activation of the Seconary attack of said weapon) to insta kill said target instead of having the exploit effect, since Expose weapons would nolonger provide exposes. And those could be given different effects as well coresponding to their weapon type.. Just a thought.

I also don't approve of the Naming situation.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-18-2011, 09:46 PM
Quote:
And of course a bug that allows Ground PvP counting towards 2 PvP sessions.
Whaaat? That is awesome! I only GPvP, and I did not know this.

I do notice that in the Assault map, I get a mission complete musical jingle after only half the kills/points are achieved, but it usually seems to only complete a mission if the entire match would have counted for the mission.

Quote:
In the PVP forum someone looked up the rules and did say that it is a violation, but nobody knows why CSR hasn't acted yet.
I would argue that the rules that were cited there are reasonably ambiguous in regards to this particular issue. Not saying it's wrong or not against the spirit of things, but it might not be against the letter of the law.

Quote:
Engineer fabrications not disappearing after a duration and cluttering maps...
The engineer fabs do disappear, they just take twice as long to do so now... At least cover shields do. I assume it's the same for the turrets/generators.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-19-2011, 09:31 AM
I did GPvP all weekend against, and sometimes with some of the best. I found it to be pretty balanced overall. Engineer spam is easy enough to kill or avoid. Tactical one shot kills can be avoided a lot.

Don't get me wrong, it isn't easy. A good team can frustrate you real quick. But if we adapt, grow, learn, and have a good team ourselves victory is possible.

The maps are a part of the problem. In a narrow corridor a tight group with AoE can kill groups almost instantly. Players have to learn to regroup and use long range weappns and cover. And get used to dieing. It is a part of PvP.

That said, some PvP fleets could ease up a bit. Maybe tell, and allow the other team to regroup. Not in a close match, but when it gets to 20-0. Back away from the spawn points so people feel like you mean it when you say gg.

Refusing to respawn is an immature way of handling things. We know what we are getting into when we click that que. We should see it to the finish. Even if the opponents are not good sportsmen, we punish our own teamates by forcing them to go it alone. 30 points is slow going by ones or twos.

I am not calling anyone immature, just the action. And we all feel like it sometimes.