Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 51
07-20-2011, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post

• Spawn Camping

Its funny to read spawncamping needs to be fixed. So why do u spawncamp?
Lt. Commander
# 52
07-20-2011, 12:24 PM
I'm all for helping the helpless avoid being camped but as great as the turret or dampening field sounds, there needs to be some mechanic that prevents people from abusing the safe zone. Grieving goes both ways because the mechanics allow it to. Yesterday, while PuGing, the other team quit and one claimed that "premades can wait for exp."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpioking78 View Post
Everyone knows that spawn camping is a perfectly valid tactic until it happens to him... Er, I mean until it happens to them.
Lt. Commander
# 53
07-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Now you know exactly what I feel when stuff like that happens to me in PvP, which causes me to make these "rant" posts. For instance in Space PvP arena matches where it sometimes evolves to spawn camping.

This is exactly why I made this Ground PvP thread, because one of the biggest things that needs to be fixed is the spawn camping issue. In Arenas it's too easy for a fight to move closer and closer to a respawn point where it ends up being spawn camping.

In Shanty Town, it was pure bad design by Cryptic. Where players can easily sniper the respawn point from the wall ramps or snipering from the rooftop of the central buildings. The spawn points clearly need to be father away than being better protected.
Lt. Commander
# 54
07-20-2011, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Everyone knows that spawn camping is a perfectly valid tactic until it happens to him... Er, I mean until it happens to them.
Do u imply that im a spawncamper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
In Shanty Town, it was pure bad design by Cryptic. Where players can easily sniper the respawn point from the wall ramps or snipering from the rooftop of the central buildings. The spawn points clearly need to be father away than being better protected.
We know that the map design isn't perfect but do we really need to do it even knowing that's borked?
Lt. Commander
# 55
07-20-2011, 12:48 PM
Nope, I was referring to someone (no one in particular, mind you) who complains about something, anything (everything) being overpowered or unfair when it puts them at a disadvantage, but who employs those same tactics, methods, or mechanics and considers themselves justified.
Lt. Commander
# 56
07-20-2011, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Nope, I was referring to someone (no one in particular, mind you) who complains about something, anything (everything) being overpowered or unfair when it puts them at a disadvantage, but who employs those same tactics, methods, or mechanics and considers themselves justified.
I got it now, my English isn't that good.
Lt. Commander
# 57
07-20-2011, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Speaking of dodging, I swear my double tapping isn't as effective as it used to be *shrug* could just be me though.
That's a new feature. Complained about it when I noticed it on Tribble, but following the release notes of season 4 it's intended. You can not roll any longer while you are busy with something else like shooting. The problem is, that you have to wait an additional second after the shot finished before it actually works, who knows why. Looks like nobody really cares about it and it's a great way to increase the pace of combat. No evading = faster deaths.
Lt. Commander
# 58
07-20-2011, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decker999 View Post
That's a new feature. Complained about it when I noticed it on Tribble, but following the release notes of season 4 it's intended. You can not roll any longer while you are busy with something else like shooting. The problem is, that you have to wait an additional second after the shot finished before it actually works, who knows why. Looks like nobody really cares about it and it's a great way to increase the pace of combat. No evading = faster deaths.
Lol, I sure notice.

I like the cooldown on it though, but it needs to be responsive. Right now when I see a grenade icon at my feet I don't even try to roll out of the way because I know the nade will blow while I'm furiously tapping the arrow keys.
Lt. Commander
# 59
07-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decker999 View Post
"Players can no longer roll while using powers." ~http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2512

Lame sauce... I mean, what's the point of showing a big red grenade circle if I can't roll out of the way anymore? Not only was that useful for not dying, it was fun! Rolling is one of the better ways to evade/get a little dodge bonus, but if you have to not only not do it while using a power, but actually wait a moment, that is terrible. Might as well take rolling out of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 60
07-20-2011, 09:56 PM
Quote:
We know that the map design isn't perfect but do we really need to do it even knowing that's borked?
Spawn camping has been "borked" since Beta. It still happens in Ker'rat, it happens on Ohta, it happens in Ground PvP and it still happens in Space Arena PvP matches. I lost count in how many Space PvP arena matches, this happened and when people say anything about it, it saddly ends up with "L2P", "Deal with it", and "Oh well".

So I ask you to simply ask Cryptic to "Fix it". Not just ground, but space too.