Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 61
07-21-2011, 12:25 AM
I must agree fixes are needed, Tac i think could be solved by switching out the stealth buff to a 30 second timer like it was at release. the big tac buff, ambush is lost once you get hit, stealth is key to its deployment, that would put us Tacs in less of a position to 1 shot. admittedly the survivability of engineers and medics seems rather high is some cases, and i am not sure how to adequately fix those.
Lt. Commander
# 62
07-25-2011, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial_Fury
I still believe that being one-shotted in PvP by someone who managed to get close to you and flank you is not a bug.

Is'nt here that we start talking about player personal skill? If you and/or your team gets ambushed with their pants down and shot in the back, i firmly believe that it deserves a quick and painful death.

There are ways to deal with ambushers and close opponents in the game. Many ways actually.

I would be alot more annoyed if the one-shot death was coming from extreme range with no ways to counter it. But again, in my book, in any case Flank/Backstab should = Death. There are no excuse to allow the enemy in your back. Watch your 6 or have a teammate watch it for you.
Yes, I agree. If you suddenly see a targeting laser on yourself, run towards it. Running gives a dodge bonus and facing the enemy eliminates flanking.
Lt. Commander
# 63
07-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Here's an idea to deal with spawn camping AND turtling.

(Recycled from another thread that got closed due to no fault of my own.)

Put a radius around each team's main spawn point. The radius should be large enough to insure that any weapons fire into the spawn point originates inside that radius. The radii should be clearly marked by colored circles on the map.

Now, any time that the number of unfriendlies exceeds the number of friendlies inside that team's spawn radius for more than 15 seconds or so, Q shows up and says, "You mortals are boring me. Let's make this more interesting!" Then Q teleports every member of both teams and semi-randomly scatters them all over the map.

Presto. No more spawn camping and no more spawn turtling.

So it provides clear disincentive against camping. It also gives the opposing team a mechanism for breaking deadlock from turtling... just crowd the enemy spawn point and scatter everybody. Then both teams are forced to regroup and there would be opportunities for scoring.

Ok, I realize that this could be immersion breaking and annoying. Well, what's wrong with that? If it's annoying enough, maybe people will stop doing it.

(And now that I've invoked Q again, let's see what happens this time...)
Lt. Commander
# 64
07-28-2011, 09:47 PM
Rebecca Simmons should hang out at the spawn point of Assimilated Cruiser. Then she does an AOE that kills all the opponents who are nearby. Also with new sound effect of Rebecca "Resistance, Is, Futile."