Lt. Commander
Maybe it's just me, but cutting the cord is now nearly impossible to beat solo. Don't get me wrong, I love this mission and the new ground combat, but the new ground combat mechanics don't seem to wrok well with this one.

Your allies are wiped out before you can do so much as make a dent in the enemy population, and without bridge officer support, you have to attempt to kill one enemy at a time at range and hope you don't get the whole group on you.

Hakeev now is just a nightmare, between the constant spawn of Thalaron drones and attacks from his guards I could not beat him. That was after I had killed one of them.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-18-2011, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsuranDragoon View Post
Maybe it's just me, but cutting the cord is now nearly impossible to beat solo. Don't get me wrong, I love this mission and the new ground combat, but the new ground combat mechanics don't seem to wrok well with this one.

Your allies are wiped out before you can do so much as make a dent in the enemy population, and without bridge officer support, you have to attempt to kill one enemy at a time at range and hope you don't get the whole group on you.

Hakeev now is just a nightmare, between the constant spawn of Thalaron drones and attacks from his guards I could not beat him. That was after I had killed one of them.

Oh my gosh, thats still there?! I reported that while S4 was still on tribble...
And if you think its unbeatable on normal: it is beatable, its unbeatable on Elite though, because the romulans one shot the Remans there...
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-18-2011, 11:54 PM
got through it this evening on advanced on my cmd 1 tac. only had some hickups like getting shot at through the catwalk. and the remens getting slaughtered in some spots with grenades. died maybe four times maxed but maybe i got lucky ;-)
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-19-2011, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdraftbrn View Post
got through it this evening on advanced on my cmd 1 tac. only had some hickups like getting shot at through the catwalk. and the remens getting slaughtered in some spots with grenades. died maybe four times maxed but maybe i got lucky ;-)
Can't talk about advanced.
I just remember getting frustrated over hakeev and his guards on Elite, because the Support does NOT respawn .
It got a lot easier getting the Figther archievment btw. The first time I did it on tribble I could have shot it down at least 4 times, then again: They told us that Epic gear would do extreme damage.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-28-2011, 08:13 AM
Was able to do it in about 2 hours on my VA1 Tac. The level of developer incompetence and utter lack of QA in this game is astonishing.

1) Ground combat is totally untuned. Romulans that use grenades will one-shot an entire spawn of "support" before they can do anything.

2) It is impossible to click the "Call Support" command (which is your only hope of beating a lot of the pulls) while in the useless "Shooter Mode". They should rename "Shooter Mode" to "Wipe and Respawn Mode".

3) After about a dozen deaths to the last pack of Romulans before the 4/4 Spatial Charge, I finally got lucky and managed to kill them. I walked up to the spatial charge point to complete that part of the mission, hit F...and was immediately disconnected from the server. I have never disconnected in the last week or more on any mission.

4) Respawn at the beginning with all progress lost. After getting the first 3 spatial charges, I decide to try picking off the Romulans around the last one from above. I kill all but one...and am disconnected again.

5) Respawn at the beginning with all progress lost. Again. Wipe a few more times, finally get the 4th spatial charge without disconnecting.

6) Wipe when a bunch of Romulans spawn right on top of me.

7) Wipe on the boss because the Remans are blocking my line of fire (Wipe and Respawn Mode again) but not his.

This mission is a buggy piece of junk, sort of a poster child for the whole game: incompetently designed, shoddily tested and zero fun.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-28-2011, 08:23 AM
I've complained about this as well. Spent two hours on it the other week before just giving up. I can't believe this mission made it out of testing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Did it in 38 minutes on my Fed Commander 9 last night. Zero issues, zero defeats, not even to the Thalaron King Hakeev. Gonna try it again later on a KDF Commander 8.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-28-2011, 09:03 AM
Overall, it's a really cool mission. It just needs a little balancing after the S4 changes. Right now it's quite challenging, but it's certainly not impossible. You just need to use cover a lot and try to pick off the romulans one by one.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-28-2011, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjuice View Post
Overall, it's a really cool mission. It just needs a little balancing after the S4 changes. Right now it's quite challenging, but it's certainly not impossible. You just need to use cover a lot and try to pick off the romulans one by one.
My issue with this is that some of the cover isn't cover... they shoot right through it. Also as soon as I go to get a bead on one the rest of the group all shoot me and I'm dead before I can even complete a single shot.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-30-2011, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaD
2) It is impossible to click the "Call Support" command (which is your only hope of beating a lot of the pulls) while in the useless "Shooter Mode". They should rename "Shooter Mode" to "Wipe and Respawn Mode".
When the "Call for Support" button appears, press the F key. In fact, you can do that with any intractable object/contact. The virtual guide path, though, is not usable while in Shooter Mode.

I just ran this through on my Klink Cdr 5 (btw, the FE missions need to be truly faction neutral and not just Fed missions rebranded). I had the same problems with the final fight. All my support was wiped almost instantly, then I was killed about five times before I stood at the edge of their weapons' range and picked them off one by one. I even lost Obisek! All in all, the HP/Shields need to be rebalanced in general, but particularly in this mission.