Lt. Commander
# 11
07-30-2011, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
I've complained about this as well. Spent two hours on it the other week before just giving up. I can't believe this mission made it out of testing.
LOL, what testing?
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-04-2011, 08:50 PM
never mind.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-05-2011, 02:35 AM
Get out of shooter mode
Do what you need to do
Go back in Shooter mode
NOT THAT DIFFICULT

OR

Dont use shooter mode
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-01-2012, 09:37 PM
I agree with OP. Since season 4, it's impossible, YES IMPOSSIBLE, to solo this mission. I've been trying for the past hour trying to get it done, but got fed up of being killed by a single shot. What's the DSP on their weapons? 200? It's ridiculous. Unless you're in a team, forget about doing this mission. It's not doable - no matter what other players tell you.

BTW - I'm in a RAUH5 Tac and have done it successfully as a VA when the episode originally came out, so it's not due to any lack of skill on my part!
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-19-2012, 05:03 AM
I did it on my Fed character, completed the mission, didn't die once, and can turn in the mission for the rewards. However, my bug appears when that happens, I cannot start the next mission. I submitted a ticket after doing this mission a few times, but I got no response, and no way of looking at past tickets (I have since filed another ticket on another character for another reason).
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-19-2012, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0tchas View Post
I agree with OP. Since season 4, it's impossible, YES IMPOSSIBLE, to solo this mission. I've been trying for the past hour trying to get it done, but got fed up of being killed by a single shot. What's the DSP on their weapons? 200? It's ridiculous. Unless you're in a team, forget about doing this mission. It's not doable - no matter what other players tell you.

BTW - I'm in a RAUH5 Tac and have done it successfully as a VA when the episode originally came out, so it's not due to any lack of skill on my part!
so how many players have to say its doable before you believe them because ive done it.

while i have not played it since season 5, i have played it since season 4 and its is doable. its tougher than before, but impossible? no not at all.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-19-2012, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
so how many players have to say its doable before you believe them because ive done it.

while i have not played it since season 5, i have played it since season 4 and its is doable. its tougher than before, but impossible? no not at all.
He should've probably said "impossible for some people" which I can easily understand. At least you can group for the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-19-2012, 12:36 PM
So...I guess no one's noticed this is a 6 month old thread, heh?
necroing threads=bad

And Cutting the Cord just isn't that hard. End fight's nasty, yes, but not impossible by a long shot.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-19-2012, 02:54 PM
The Season 5 Ground skill revamp makes this mission slightly more bearable due in large part to the fact that I can take take ranks in the PSG skill, and combine that with the highest capacity craftable personal shield, elevating my shields on ground to near pre-season 4 levels. Having the Veteran MACO Phaser Rifle/Armor with their shield recharge ability helps a ton as well.

But there's no replacement for design. Before season 4, CTC was perhaps the most awesome moment the player had to date, taking the fight to the Tal Shiar damn near singlehandedly.

That said *pulls out pulsewave* I'll have no undead outbreak on my watch, again. Not after that incident on the way to that hypergiant.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-20-2012, 09:14 PM
Stick to the path (recheck frequently to make sure you don't get lost) and don't engage groups on the ground that are away from the path.

We've done it with all five of our toons, and our only problems occurred when we got away from the path.

Oh, yes, and my wife got stuck on one catwalk when she fired off Cover Shield in a particularly bad location.