Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
07-17-2011, 12:44 PM
My accolade number is higher then yours so im better!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
07-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Just another reason I cant wait for TOR
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
07-17-2011, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Just another reason I cant wait for TOR
You're looking forward to having all the same discussion in STO, but with TOR mechanics?

"Oh, great this game is Jedi Online"
"Scouts it in PvP"
"Nerf Cover"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
07-17-2011, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
You're looking forward to having all the same discussion in STO, but with TOR mechanics?

"Oh, great this game is Jedi Online"
"Scouts it in PvP"
"Nerf Cover"
nah azurian leaving so no more crap threads?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
07-17-2011, 02:51 PM
I'm lifetime so I can come back at anytime. But I wonder how many would do the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
There are accolades for PvP?!

It seems this accolade grinding is giving you a lot of grief? If you have the Accolade, what will it do? Does it give some kind of special PvE advantages,lie unlocking "super-elite" mode or "super-easy" mode or give you better drops for crafting or something? Or is it really just some kind of number? Or is there a cool trophy in it?
Then there is o purpose for Cryptic to put it in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
My accolade number is higher then yours so im better!
Is it any different than those who want PvP leaderboards? "I got more kills than you, I'm better".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
You're looking forward to having all the same discussion in STO, but with TOR mechanics?

"Oh, great this game is Jedi Online"
"Scouts it in PvP"
"Nerf Cover"
At least Bioware isn't hiding the fact it's Jedi Online. Not sure what direction Cryptic is taking STO anymore.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
07-18-2011, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
I'm lifetime so I can come back at anytime. But I wonder how many would do the same?
Would need to leave first to find that out.

Quote:
Is it any different than those who want PvP leaderboards? "I got more kills than you, I'm better".
Yes, it is different. I tells you what you did. Having Kill/Death counts, healing, damage and wins can tell you what kind of PvPer you are, what strength or weaknesses you might have.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
07-18-2011, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Yes, it is different. I tells you what you did. Having Kill/Death counts, healing, damage and wins can tell you what kind of PvPer you are, what strength or weaknesses you might have.
"B-b-but, I have more accolades!!!11!"

Though.. Accolades does show something as well..

It shows the holder is persistent (atleast in the case of the Mirror Ground accolade)
It show that some people will flock to other avenues, if their E-Peen gets too sore from PvP

"It might not be long, but it *is* thin!"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
07-18-2011, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
There are accolades for PvP?!
accowhats? is this the new OP? Nerf!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
07-18-2011, 07:58 AM
Accolades are pretty much pointless. Why bother grinding them? Some of the top ones give 2% bonuses to stuff, but I doubt those even work in PvP. Waste of time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
07-18-2011, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattivo80 View Post
Accolades are pretty much pointless. Why bother grinding them? Some of the top ones give 2% bonuses to stuff, but I doubt those even work in PvP. Waste of time.
Does anyone know if these work in PvP, if so the bonuses are well worth it. If you consider 2% stacking you could easily have a 10-15% damage buff and resistance buff if you do all the accolades.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:55 PM.