Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
07-20-2011, 11:45 PM
Do any of these changes effect some of the blockiness seen across both Cryptic games?

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/693...ringblocks.jpg

Shows up on ground maps too, more often inside of the installation maps.

I'm using an ATI Radeon 6970 with the 11.6 drivers and my card is running at a very stable temperature.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-20-2011, 11:53 PM
picardalpha2clearance, the same thing happened to me as well!
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-21-2011, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_Harnaman
Hi Dave

Finally its nice to see a team member take note of our struggle. Running dual GTX 470 in SLI here so yup its affecting me big time sadly :-( any idea whats going on and what we can do to help the process ? any information you need or anything i can do to help here id be more than happy to help. I want to get rid of this fps problem once and for all. Is there a particular nvidia driver where the issue is less noticeable ?
It is indeed great to finally see someone take the time for us. I have reset some settings and after that it crashed. When I restarted and put everything in higher settings again, it crashed. When I restarted though, I had great graphics. Apart from the crashes I think it works quite well.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-22-2011, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraKet View Post
Damn, you have a 480? wow. I'm jealous. I only have a 470.

I haven't been noticing a stuttering issue... hrm. *checks fpsgraph*
I also have dual 6970s, dual GTX480s, 5870s, 4870X2, regular 4870, and on and on. And even Intel Integrated! The tradeoff is that I have to fix compatibility bugs on all of them. Thankfully I get to pass some of those bugs off to the programmers who created the bug.

We're slowly working on all compatibility and performance bugs, but it's a long list unfortunately.

Thanks for your patience!

Dave
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-22-2011, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCrypticDave
I also have dual 6970s, dual GTX480s, 5870s, 4870X2, regular 4870, and on and on. And even Intel Integrated! The tradeoff is that I have to fix compatibility bugs on all of them. Thankfully I get to pass some of those bugs off to the programmers who created the bug.

We're slowly working on all compatibility and performance bugs, but it's a long list unfortunately.

Dave
Hehehe. Not too good a tradeoff, then. Though for the record, I'll post my own settings, with a single GTX470...

1920x1080
60hz refresh
100 brightness
synch/half res off
4x antialiasing
max lights per object and max shadows lights on highest settings
100% world texture quality
125% char texture quality
100 world detail distance,
100% terrain detail distance
100% char detail distance
high detail objects on
max physics debris objects: 100
raise settings in char creator 'on'
(Effects)
Post processing on
Visual FX quality 'high'
soft particles on
Bloom quality high
Bloom intensity 50% (<--- might be one to check, folks with issues)
Screen space occlusion on
cinematic focus on
underwater view on
reflection quality high
lens flare quality high
(Troubleshooting)
Framerate stabilizer off
auto-stabilize framerate off
CPU limit: off
multi-core rendering on
full detail char animations on
GPU accelerated particles on
Reduced file streaming on
software cursor off
Minimum shadow buffer bias off
reduce cpu/gpu usage off
frame rate limit : off
memory limit: auto

That's with:
Athlon x4 945 (3 ghz)
8 gb ram
Windows 7 64 bit
1 gb GeForce GTX 470
Driver version 270.61

And I'm having no problems like they're describing, at all.

I'm wondering if the bloom, or reduced file streaming, or something like that, might be helping...
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-22-2011, 03:58 PM
single 460 here. Had to turn bloom down to 70, but everything else is maxed out. I dialed back bloom because it was just too bright. All of my stuttering with shadows enable went away once season 4 hit. Wonder why some of us with Nvidia cards got improved performance while others did not. Doesn't make a lot of sense.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-22-2011, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
single 460 here. Had to turn bloom down to 70, but everything else is maxed out. I dialed back bloom because it was just too bright. All of my stuttering with shadows enable went away once season 4 hit. Wonder why some of us with Nvidia cards got improved performance while others did not. Doesn't make a lot of sense.
That's why I dialed mine back as well. It was just WAY too bright on some things. It seems a lot better at 50% for me.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-22-2011, 10:14 PM
try set antialiasing on "none"
Lt. Commander
Running a 3-year old laptop with this card. Before Season 4 launched, I was starting to get sound issues and some choppiness in the visuals at the same time - camera would start spinning around during fights (ground and space) for no reason - but generally didn't have too much issue on slowdown.

Post-launch, the game is nigh on unplayable at times. Space flight is constantly choppy - sector and system - to the point where I can set course for a location and it will take 5 minutes to get there due to backtracking, where the same course would only take 30 seconds before. Ground control is next to useless - running from K-7 or Ganalda transporter room to the shipyard is impossible because the game keeps putting me back to the transporter room, or worse into walls on the opposite side of the station.

I know it's easy to criticise, but could the Devs turn off the updates for maybe a week just to check the issues? Or is it the updates for the Ground combat causing the problems?
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-23-2011, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCrypticDave

Dave
So it wasnt us nvidia owners going crazy then ? just how bad is it dave ? how fixable is it ? i was contemplating a new rig just to be able to get the performance i use to but sli 470s surely should be enough for the game. I appreciate you cant wave a magic wand but any eta when we might see some improvements ?