Lt. Commander
# 1 returning player needs advice
07-17-2011, 08:05 AM
Greetings,

I have not played in almost a year. I was here for the beta and retail and left after my first month was up. I have a RA 5 (I think, I am patching so not sure exactly) Tactical Captain with a Prometheus (again I think, not sure on the exact ship).

Could anyone give me some advice on where to go for good, fun solo PvE content? I am faily certain the last things I was doing were fighting Borg in Gamme Orionis (did I get the sector name correct?). I used to despise the ground combat but I am excited about the new ground combat.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

p.s. if anyone has a mature Fleet who would not mind having a middle-aged, semi-loner who plays at almost random times for random durations I would not mind discussing it with them, I could sure use the assistance of STO vets who know a helluva lot more than I do about the current state of the game
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-17-2011, 08:17 AM
You'll want to check out the feature episodes then. There are 3 series in 5 parts (you'll be able to do them one after the other), "The Breen" in the Orrelius sector block, "The Devidians" in the Eta Eridani sector block and "Cloaked Intentions" in the Psi Velorum sector block. You can use the "hail starfleet/kdf" button on the corner of your mini map and click the appropriate tab to find out more when you're in game.

Each episode of the series has special rewards you won't get anywhere else but unfortunately you've missed the special series reward, however the devs had "re-runs" for those that missed the special rewards and while you missed that too, there will be other re-runs later in the year.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-21-2011, 12:54 PM
Yea the featured episode series are awesome!

If you have a Prometheus, you may want to see if you can get yourself a multi-vector assault mode version of it! (it will cost some emblems/c-store money)

Crafting changed a couple times while you were away. It's easier to make purple XI items now.

They changed the Borg a bit, they can adapt now! Borg STF missions are now more fun and doable now due to the re-balance.

There are a few new daily (standalone) missions in the sector under the Sirus sector. You can earn some emblems with them, as well as in other missions.

There is a new shooter mode in ground. You press "B" to activate it. But you still can't aim for heads and get head shots...

Starfleet academy map opened on Earth if you haven't already been back there.

Mission reply available at your bridge if you don't already know.

This game is getting my money's worth even after 2 years! Have fun!
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-21-2011, 03:01 PM
The MVAM Prometheus is only available to VAs and the VA ship token is not eligible to use to purchase it.