Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
In the TNG Episode The Best Of Both Worlds the crew of the Enterprise used their deflector as a weapon to attempt to destroy the Borg anyone think that this could be a good idea for a special power or a new special console that alows you to fire a super weapon like they did?

http://www.stardestroyer.net/mrwong/...ector_dish.jpg
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
07-17-2011, 03:22 PM
ya that would be cool, but in that case then maybe the excelior retrofit or refit(not sure which one is the right term) should have that abilty like in generations they used the deflector to simulate a topedo blast, qutoed from the great Scotty.

o ya the link does not work.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
07-17-2011, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston View Post
In the TNG Episode The Best Of Both Worlds the crew of the Enterprise used their deflector as a weapon to attempt to destroy the Borg anyone think that this could be a good idea for a special power or a new special console that alows you to fire a super weapon like they did?

http://www.stardestroyer.net/mrwong/...ector_dish.jpg
As I recall the attack failed. Generally large scale attacks like that have failed. They seem the most vulnerable to small gorilla attacks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
07-17-2011, 03:57 PM
The side effect is that is destroyed the main deflector in the process. You could have this ability if if pops your Delector Array I can see it now - "Deflector Dish Mk XI - Consumed on Use"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
07-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
The side effect is that is destroyed the main deflector in the process. You could have this ability if if pops your Delector Array I can see it now - "Deflector Dish Mk XI - Consumed on Use"
Rather than consume an item it should just put all Deflector related skills on a very long cooldown while repairs are made.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
07-18-2011, 04:24 AM
I'm sorry but...no.

Powerful weapon like that reminds me of the phaser lance on the Galaxy-X or the Disruptor Lance of Guarumba.

I suppose the drawback to this almighty weapon could be that it drains your entire ship of power but destroys say a Borg Cube in one shot.

An idea but I don't like it either way. :/
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
07-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adml_shake View Post
As I recall the attack failed. Generally large scale attacks like that have failed. They seem the most vulnerable to small gorilla attacks.
Is that anything like a trunk monkey!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HfMUGsniJ8
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
07-19-2011, 08:09 PM
It only didn't work in TNG because Locutus already knew of the attack and the Borg assimlated that data and adapted to it. As for it being a console or special ability in STO I don't think there's a need, nor would it really fit. It was a desperation move by the Ent-D at the time, and it failed and it was risky enough to the Ent-D as it was, that it shouldn't become some standard manoeuvre. Plus we already have the Galaxy Dreadnought's spinal phaser lance which is basically a better version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adml_shake View Post
As I recall the attack failed. Generally large scale attacks like that have failed. They seem the most vulnerable to small gorilla attacks.
LOL. Fantastic image that conjured in my head it's spelled "guerilla" :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
07-20-2011, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoom
It only didn't work in TNG because Locutus already knew of the attack and the Borg assimlated that data and adapted to it. As for it being a console or special ability in STO I don't think there's a need, nor would it really fit. It was a desperation move by the Ent-D at the time, and it failed and it was risky enough to the Ent-D as it was, that it shouldn't become some standard manoeuvre. Plus we already have the Galaxy Dreadnought's spinal phaser lance which is basically a better version.



LOL. Fantastic image that conjured in my head it's spelled "guerilla" :p
I knew it! I had that originally, but my stupid spell checker said it was incorrect.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
07-22-2011, 05:13 AM
Never trust most of these spell/grammar checkers. Plenty of funny jokes about them. I have to turn off my auto-complete on my cell phone for the same reason.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:44 PM.