Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
07-22-2011, 05:30 AM
I remember reading a thread suggesting that this ability should be granted in the form of a console (probably engineering) and I think that could be pretty cool. It would need some interesting conditions, like requiring a certain power level or a specific combination of other consoles or deflectors. It should also have a significant downside like 5 seconds of no power to any system and then 10-15 seconds of reduced speed. Maybe it could reduce the effectiveness of sci skills modified by your now burnt out deflector.

Some of this might sound a bit harsh but it needs to be significantly better than BO3 but also carry stiff enough penalties to keep it from being a requirement.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-22-2011, 05:53 AM
why dont we just ask for transphasic shields while we are at it
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-22-2011, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captmack
why dont we just ask for transphasic shields while we are at it
that would be nice
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-22-2011, 06:32 AM
Hey... I am fine with this... However I like to suggest that it is not somthing that can be done without consequence.

So... The idea is:

Deflector: High energetic Deflector blast.
Requirements: Rare or better Deflector (any) and 10 x Aux Battery
Consequence: All power goes down for... 30 seconds, and the deflector burns out (hence, you have to get a new one).

Shield: Methaphasic Shield (the one that makes you god like for 10 seconds or so).
Requirements Rare or better Shield and 10 x Shield Battery
Consequence: 50% hull damage and fried Shield emitters (hence get a new shield).

Impulse: Overburn Impulse burst
Requirements: Rare or better Impulse engine, and 10x engine battery
Consequence: Slow movement for 30 seconds or so, and a burned out impulse drive (hence... you get the pattern).

All should have a fairly respectable cooldown (and shared), and you can only have one at a time (so you can't bring all 3 to a battle).

Now... This is far from a perfect (or balanced solution)... Ill leave it up to you guys to develop the idea xD
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-22-2011, 08:42 AM
k use a mk 1 rare deflector in your idea and it would work. There isnt any need for any of that.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-22-2011, 08:46 AM
Output would obviously be equivalent to rareity and level.

Take a more positive approach.. Makes the day nicer
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-22-2011, 02:08 PM
While I think that actually burning out the Deflector seems a bit extreme, I really like the idea of using multiple batteries in the process! This, or other special powers like those you've suggested, should require people to jump through hoops to make them successful. That's the kind of thing that could add variety and excitement.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-23-2011, 01:04 AM
Well... It did burn out the deflector in "Best of both worlds".

The reason I think it should burn out the appropriate system, is that I don't want this to be a "Win button". You you could constantly re-use it, it would become a extremely overpowered skill, and people would cry Nerf... and for once I could understand them. However, this might be solved by:

Item:
[High Powered Deflector burst]
Required:
30 Common Samples
1x Rare Sample trace A
1x Rare Sample trace B
10x Aux Battery
Unique Item.

So instead of destroying your deflector/shield/engine, you use a single item wich is consumed on use.

The idea would be, would you use this item now in the beginning of the match, to give your team the initial boost, or in the end of the match when both teams are at 14 points, and need that last one NOW to win.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-23-2011, 10:05 AM
Oh I agree with the idea behind what you are suggesting. It needs to come at a heavy cost if the effect is to be anything worth talking about. I actually kind of prefer your suggestion of crafting, or using crafting mats, to make something like this work. I played another game where people had incredible special abilities called 2 Hour Abilities. While I wouldnt want these to be innate like in that game, making people work for it while requiring a significant amount of strategy to pull off would create the potential for a lot of fun.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-23-2011, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
ya that would be cool, but in that case then maybe the excelior retrofit or refit(not sure which one is the right term) should have that abilty like in generations they used the deflector to simulate a topedo blast, qutoed from the great Scotty.

o ya the link does not work.
You see? the only time it worked HE (the house-god of all engineers) was aboarrrd.