Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Doomsday Device
07-17-2011, 10:55 AM
I am having issues with the difficulty of this mission being automatically set to Elite, even though I have the slider set to Advance. I dropped the mission several times and picked it back up, but it kept getting set to Elite. Normally I wouldn't complain about this, however on Elite during the first part of the mission where you disable 2 Klingon ships, well I get decimated in under 30 seconds. I have no idea why the difficulty seems so impossible or why the mission is being automatically being set to Elite. I filed a ticket, 1,158,148

Anyone else have this issue?

Update: After I dropped the mission, logged out, back in, and grabbed it again, the mission difficulty was set to what I had on the slider. Perhaps this was just a character bug or something.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-17-2011, 11:06 AM
this is a previously stated issue to the Dev's. not sure if a fix for this has come out yet or not but someone has reported it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerV
this is a previously stated issue to the Dev's. not sure if a fix for this has come out yet or not but someone has reported it.
I did a search, but was too lazy to search through 500 post...lol.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-17-2011, 12:23 PM
Related topic:
I have an issue with the design of the Doomsday Machine itself. When you actually 'destroy' it, the critter's explosion happens much too soon to allow for any escape - I typically have the time to launch the torpedo knowing I need to get the hell out of dodge, turn about wanting to trigger 'Evasive Maneuver' and not even have the time to do that.

Presently, to me at least, dying is mandatory to complete the mission.

I'd recommend adding a longer delay before the Doomsday Machine's 'warp core breach explosion' to allow escapes.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
Related topic:
I have an issue with the design of the Doomsday Machine itself. When you actually 'destroy' it, the critter's explosion happens much too soon to allow for any escape - I typically have the time to launch the torpedo knowing I need to get the hell out of dodge, turn about wanting to trigger 'Evasive Maneuver' and not even have the time to do that.

I'd recommend adding a longer delay before the Doomsday Machine's 'warp core breach explosion' to allow escapes.
Yeah. You pretty much have to launch the harghpeng from long range but theres no way to know that ahead of time.

TBH it shouldn't even have a breach.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraevac View Post
I am having issues with the difficulty of this mission being automatically set to Elite, even though I have the slider set to Advance. I dropped the mission several times and picked it back up, but it kept getting set to Elite. Normally I wouldn't complain about this, however on Elite during the first part of the mission where you disable 2 Klingon ships, well I get decimated in under 30 seconds. I have no idea why the difficulty seems so impossible or why the mission is being automatically being set to Elite. I filed a ticket, 1,158,148

Anyone else have this issue?

Update: After I dropped the mission, logged out, back in, and grabbed it again, the mission difficulty was set to what I had on the slider. Perhaps this was just a character bug or something.
Exploration, and any other ground map I have played is getting the same result!
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-27-2011, 08:18 AM
i don't know if this is the same thing, but i tried to play the mission today, and got up to the actual part where you have to kill the doomsday machine with no problems (i play on normal, always have, and the slider indicator still says normal). then, for some inexplicable reason, i get lynched by klingon ships, whose VA level weapons tear through my mk ii shields (as i can't replace them) in seconds, and any damage i've done to the planet killer has been healed by the time i respawn.

now, it might just be me, but i've finished this mission several times (both before and after the redo), so it's not like i'm new to it. i remember it being much easier than it was, and i'm starting to get a little annoyed tbh.

the mission is far harder than it used to be for me. is this a bug, or did they change the mission while i wasn't paying attention?
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-27-2011, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
Related topic:

I'm glad it wasn't just me, then. I thought the BoP with 100 engine power would have been fast enough. One respawn later...nope.

Z