Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
So I'm cruising through Omega Leonis when the call came out over KDF Alliance that Ortha had an infestation of fed spawn campers. They were not advancing the objectives simply sitting on the spawn spot and killing people as they beamed in and spawned. Now being a Klingon the person experiencing this didn't rage quit and make a forum post. No he fought back, and so more came to camp. And this is when the tide changed, this is when the KDF showed its true strength and overcame.

The call went out, and the Alliance answered. The campers found themselves swarmed with an influx of new KDF beam ins, and though it was slow and hard they found themselves driven from the spawn point forced to retreat, and ultimately hunted down. Pride hurt and tails between their legs the insults flooded zone but the fact had been stamped in the annals of the Klingon Empire. We united, we coordinated, and we drove them back.

This stands as a lesson to all who PvP. Spawn camping is an annoyance, but it is not something not overcome. Coordinate, call on your allies, move the moment you can, buff, debuff, but fight. Let the unity of the KDF Alliance stand as a lesson. That unity and cooperation even in PUGs is a necessity for PvP. And we were a PUG, we came in the instance of a call, not an organized resistance, and we persevered. And that is something all who would otherwise put down their blade and complain for nerf should take to heart.

TEAMWORK.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Nice. Those missions sound like real fun, I could never get them to work last time I tried though. I'll try to help out our outnumbered bros when possible.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-18-2011, 04:00 PM
strange... when this happens to me as a fed in kerrat and i put a call out to other fleet memebers and they come i get called all kinds of things except "a nice player". hmmm....
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Those people probably would have whined regardless. May as well even it out.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-18-2011, 05:11 PM
Greetings,

There is no such thing as spawn camping, the correct military nomenclature is Deployment Suppression.

Yours in Full Military Tactics Plasma,
Star*Dagger
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-18-2011, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
strange... when this happens to me as a fed in kerrat and i put a call out to other fleet memebers and they come i get called all kinds of things except "a nice player". hmmm....
Same here.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-18-2011, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekSlide
Same here.
My thoughts exactly. Doesn't stop us from doing it though .
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-18-2011, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star*Dagger
Greetings,

There is no such thing as spawn camping, the correct military nomenclature is Deployment Suppression.

Yours in Full Military Tactics Plasma,
Star*Dagger
HE LIVES!
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-18-2011, 08:53 PM
The question, of course, is what to do in an arena match - no one else to call, since every player is already there.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-19-2011, 12:30 AM
The guilt exists on both sides, so why glorify it as a one sided issue?