Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
07-18-2011, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksparrowjive55 View Post
So why arent any Fed topics moved to Fed discussion?
Because General is a strange human word meaning Fed. I only learned their silly language recently and by the foundations of the First City itself I cannot puzzle out the intricacies of it yet.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
07-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Can you all please keep this topic related? I don't care if they keep Fed related stuff in general, if all you have to comment on is that they moved my topic then please don't post. Not trying to be rude but this annoying.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
07-18-2011, 09:04 PM
I approve of more melee only combat and it has been discussed previously, nothing wrong with discussing it further. One day hopefully sooner rather than later we'll have PvP tournaments on Qo'noS, Rura Penthe, Andorea and Vulcan that only allow players to use melee weapons.

Meanwhile, what you can do, is get some friends together in game or ask in zone chat if anyone would like a private PvP challenege using only melee weapons and armor, no abilities and no heals. I've tried it and it's a lot of fun!

Don't forget that melee weapon damage will bypass a players shields so shields don't factor into the match.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
07-18-2011, 09:11 PM
I would want more missions based on various Klingon Cultural Traditions and the like. It would be fun to be part of a Rite of Ascension or something like that. I want more Klingon flavor in the missions and dealing with Klingon Culture would be great.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
07-19-2011, 02:27 AM
Some special rule matches would be cool.
Melee only
Shuttle only
erm, can't think of any more.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16 Solo / Team-instance idea
07-19-2011, 03:49 AM
How about a survival mode? Seems to be quite popular in other games. Make it a scenario like "Battle of Khitomer" or something, and then you can join as a team or go solo. Waves of attackers(Feds, Romulans, Borg etc) comes at you until you are destroyed. Create a leader board with stats about damage dealt, taken, enemies destroyed etc etc. It would be a good way to gain xp and it would be fun as well
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
07-19-2011, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstar_swe
How about a survival mode? Seems to be quite popular in other games. Make it a scenario like "Battle of Khitomer" or something, and then you can join as a team or go solo. Waves of attackers(Feds, Romulans, Borg etc) comes at you until you are destroyed. Create a leader board with stats about damage dealt, taken, enemies destroyed etc etc. It would be a good way to gain xp and it would be fun as well
That could be interesting. Too bad there's no Gravity Hammers for it.

Seriously, I like the idea of more inter-House "politics", such as it is in the Empire. Could see a mission where you're closing in on a cell of a House in particular, only to find the Federation moving in for a totally different reason. Let the Triple Threat Death Match ensue! (just expect me to go totally ECW on them both)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
07-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousFenrir
I would want more missions based on various Klingon Cultural Traditions and the like. It would be fun to be part of a Rite of Ascension or something like that. I want more Klingon flavor in the missions and dealing with Klingon Culture would be great.
Yes!!!

In fact, I would also like to see similar missions on the Fed side as a way of introducing Starfleet to the glory of Klingon culture.

More players might consider playing KDF from a role-play standpoint if they had a better understanding of such things.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
07-19-2011, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstar_swe
How about a survival mode? Seems to be quite popular in other games. Make it a scenario like "Battle of Khitomer" or something, and then you can join as a team or go solo. Waves of attackers(Feds, Romulans, Borg etc) comes at you until you are destroyed. Create a leader board with stats about damage dealt, taken, enemies destroyed etc etc. It would be a good way to gain xp and it would be fun as well
Hm, not sure that would be my playstyle, but it certainly would fit a Klingon point of view.

"It is a good day to die!"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
07-19-2011, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Yes!!!

In fact, I would also like to see similar missions on the Fed side as a way of introducing Starfleet to the glory of Klingon culture.

More players might consider playing KDF from a role-play standpoint if they had a better understanding of such things.
I agree. I would like to see some missions based on Klingon Cultural Traditions. Even though I play a Nausicaan they are still part of the Klingon Empire they should be able to also take part in the Klingon Traditions.

I would have made my main character on the KDF a Klingon but since I rarely see any Nausicaans I thought I should play as them first, plus I like their armor. And actually after playing a Nausicaan for awhile they really grew on me to the point where I am really glad that I chose that race as my main character. All I ever see is mainly Female Orions, Male Orion, Klingon, Gorn and Trill. I don't see too many of the other races around Qo'noS. But then again I can see why people choose an Orion Female, hehe. :p
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:46 AM.