Lt. Commander
# 1 Damn Bridge Officers!
07-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Well, since my new Pakled friend is resting up, I've been busy looking to the Borg situation we seem to have at kerrat.

Now, I was cloaked, when my first officer turned to me and told me that we need to scan some node in order to find out just what is going on, when all of a sudden my ship, which is called the Missing Moon decloaks!! I ask my First officer what hell does he think he's doing decloaking us so he can speak to me, but he simply ignores me.

Mean while, several probes and a rather large cube start to make haste towards the Missing Moon. I immediately ordered the restoration of the cloaking device, but was advised that it would be at least 20 seconds before this would be possible. Annoyed yes, but still, 20 seconds was just enough time for me to throw my first officer out of the air lock.

With his bad habits behind us, the Missing Moon continued its crusade in the kerrat system, we managed to scan the nodes, safe in the knowledge that our first officer was not there to decloak us every time he spoke.

It was just as one of our allies scanned the last of the nodes when I became really angry, the helmsman, and bear in mind, he served with me on the Missing Moon for neigh on 10 years now, turned around from his station and told me that we needed to eliminate some form of Borg repair hulks. Which on the face of it sounds fine, BUT the damn fool decloaked us to tell me this. Now I know, he knows what happed to Tide, he was there when I pushed him into the air lock. So, I'm sat there in the captains chair, wondering just what to do with kharnski.

I did the only think i could think of, I called him a Pakled and threw him out of the air lock too.

Now I'm down to just two bridge officers left. I really didn't think they needed any further warnings at this point, so I just let things lie. Our allies, managed to take down all the borg hulks, which resulted in Viper (my tactical officer) turning to me and claiming victory for the empire. But, and its like they just don't learn, he managed to decloak us in the process. I had to shove him out of the air lock too, its a principal thing you understand.

So theres me and my last bridge officer left, hes looking rather upset that hes lost so many of his friends, I just had to make him join them. I mean i dont want to chance him decloaking us as well.

I was all alone when some randomer from somewhere in my ship hailed me from engineering, telling me we need to scan some more nodes.

This instantly decloaked us, So I did the only thing possible to teach the whole crew a lesson, I commited the computers to selfdestruct.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-18-2011, 04:22 PM
Its cold out here in space, can I come back in please? Oh wait, the ship just exploded, nevermind.

Update: I was lucky and found a hull breach on DS9 to climb through. I am now sipping tea on the promenade if anyone wants to join me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-18-2011, 04:26 PM
and the moral of the story is..........?

devs need to fix the cloaking devices like they said they would?
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-18-2011, 04:30 PM
I would argue that the moral of the story is that throwing officers out the airlock is clearly not an effective learning tool.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-18-2011, 04:31 PM
Nothing like a good giggle, keep 'em coming chaps.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelativeWork View Post
I would argue that the moral of the story is that throwing officers out the airlock is clearly not an effective learning tool.
Some people never learn.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
Its cold out here in space, can I come back in please? Oh wait, the ship just exploded, nevermind.

Update: I was lucky and found a hull breach on DS9 to climb through. I am now sipping tea on the promenade if anyone wants to join me.
Drinking f..k.ng tea rockz
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-18-2011, 04:35 PM
*moves this one to 10 Forward* But, really, FurQue? Please cut down on the spam a bit? The same goes for cross-posting. I'll really appreciate it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-18-2011, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
*moves this one to 10 Forward* But, really, FurQue? Please cut down on the spam a bit? The same goes for cross-posting. I'll really appreciate it.
Oh come on, this isn't spam, its just a bit of fun, after all, thats exactly what were all here for.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-18-2011, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
Oh come on, this isn't spam, its just a bit of fun, after all, thats exactly what were all here for.
Second that sentiment - another way to express a frustrating issue with a smile on ones face.. 10 forward? really? eeew :p