Lt. Commander
# 1 What is the
07-18-2011, 10:13 PM
cap for weapon power level when maxed out. I fly a Defiant refit, loaded out with MK XI, with one weapon power console. According to the specs i should be getting plus 15 weapon power on the Defiant class ship. My problem is when maxed out i am only hitting 107? So anyone got the new cap on weapon power?
Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-18-2011, 10:24 PM
With you loadout you should be hitting 121 Weapons Power. You eith got a bugged ship. Or you Weapons Subsystem power in you power monitor is not set to 100. Double check to make sure you are in Attack mode for your power setup/
Lt. Commander
I cap at 125 with a Star Cruiser that's with alpha and Aux to weapons, might be higher with a weapon battery.

Though I use 2 tac. consoles that give +25 to all beams instead. So with 4 beams and a turret I am pushing about 75 to 100 on auto-fire broadside.

I think that what your not factoring in. fwd, side or rear facing

Bog console adds 15 alien if you select the right trait that gets you +10 so if your flying a Assault class I could see you pushing past 160 with a weapon battery. if you really micro managed your character.

I just have other needs RCS for turns, extra shield recharge, extra shield power, and dmg resistance

This gives you a sleek Star Cruiser that drives like a 4 door BMW.

So I make my Beams do the extra dmg. Add some Crono. torps. to hinder ship turn rate, and a rear quantum torp. so you really don't want to be in the rear arch.

Thanks
zevermoon
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-18-2011, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworoth View Post
cap for weapon power level when maxed out. I fly a Defiant refit, loaded out with MK XI, with one weapon power console. According to the specs i should be getting plus 15 weapon power on the Defiant class ship. My problem is when maxed out i am only hitting 107? So anyone got the new cap on weapon power?
Thanks
cap is 125
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-19-2011, 08:09 AM
The soft cap is 125. This is the max that will be displayed, and the max that a weapon's damage will be based off of. You can increase your power beyond 125, it just won't be displayed, and is only used to offset the power drain from multiple weapons.

For example, say I boost my power to what should be 160, and I fire 4 beams. The 3 beams beyond the first drain 30 total power, so I'm down to 130 power. However, the display says I'm at 125 power. This means I've got 4 beams dealing damage based off of 125 power (That is, each beam is dealing 2.5x its base damage).
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-19-2011, 08:29 AM
Your base weapon power level is at 100. The Defiant itself carries the bonus of 15 power. If you max out your Performance Skill that will give you 9 more for a constant 124. That's just using skill points and adjusting your power setting. Definitely run the Borg mission to get the Universal Console for 5 more weapon power. With that, you shouldn't even need to worry about the other Engineering Consoles to boost your weapon power.

If you are only at 107, then as another poster said, you probably have to adjust your energy level allocation. I like to use the 3rd tab on the energy menu because it lets you adjust each level precisely, and then save the setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
The soft cap is 125. This is the max that will be displayed, and the max that a weapon's damage will be based off of. You can increase your power beyond 125, it just won't be displayed, and is only used to offset the power drain from multiple weapons.

For example, say I boost my power to what should be 160, and I fire 4 beams. The 3 beams beyond the first drain 30 total power, so I'm down to 130 power. However, the display says I'm at 125 power. This means I've got 4 beams dealing damage based off of 125 power (That is, each beam is dealing 2.5x its base damage).
This is no longer accurate. I can't remember if your weapon power can go as high as 135 or not, but you certainly can no longer buff your power as far beyond as in your example.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-19-2011, 10:02 AM
There was a point where you could go to 135, but at least as far back as February, that was no longer the case. It only worked for certain ways to increase your power, too, and not if the first weapon in your firing cycle was a turret. Very buggish. No matter what now, drain starts at 125.

Not that it isn't worth going past 125, but if you do, you want to tweak your power settings. With my current setup I have 90/125 without overcapping, which frees up 10 power for another system.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-19-2011, 08:02 PM
That helps, thank you for the information on the cap.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-20-2011, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
This is no longer accurate. I can't remember if your weapon power can go as high as 135 or not, but you certainly can no longer buff your power as far beyond as in your example.
Yes, you can. I do it all the time on my beam boat.