Lt. Commander
# 11
07-19-2011, 09:45 AM
How has anyone not noticed the Jem'hadar in the Starfleet uniform? lololol

I DO really love the box art though.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-19-2011, 09:46 AM
Well at least part of the art work is accurate.

The Federation character art is very Clear, Sharp, and very Well Represented.

While the Klingon character art is Fuzzy, Distorted and Ghost like, as if we are quite sure if the Klingons actually exist in game...
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-19-2011, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
If we wanted to be nit-picky, we could say worse. For example: The Federation Officer does not have his thumb on the trigger, where it should be in combat - right?

But in the end: It's a piece of artwork. Artwork in games will often be slightly or hugely different from the game content. And this isn't even directly taken from the game. It is an artists redition; a drawing of what can be found in game. You do have humans and they do have phasers.

I always thought it was a cool piece of art, don't get me wrong. I love the concept art you guys did and have made a point of following the individual map concept artists. One of my favorite pieces is the ESD concept art (along with the Memory Alpha work), which, if memory serves were done by one of the artists who worked on Pirates of the Carribean.

It's a testament to the artist that I envy that guy's hair so much every time I see it, both IRL and in-game.

The phaser point never occurred to me. It is an odd gesture and a part of me wants to edit the whole thing so he's strangling a Klingon, with cartoon eyes bugging out. (Sidebar: one of the first things I did with the character creator was make bobblehead versions of Klingons, humans, and Vulcans in the custom character creator. Someday, I'm gonna make a crew entirely composed of bobblehead people.)
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-19-2011, 10:02 AM
Quote:
The Federation Officer does not have his thumb on the trigger, where it should be in combat - right?
maybe he was hoping to find a peaceful solution?
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-19-2011, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
Teehee, well, looking at what is happening in the background... >.>
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-19-2011, 10:16 AM
What I find particularly interesting in a nitpicky sense is the fact they seem to be fighting on a Vulcan world (at least on the Starfleet side of the banner, as shown by the vulcan tower in the background. I find that of interest indeed.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-19-2011, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
This is Star Trek Online... "We come in peace, but shoot to kill!"
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-19-2011, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Teehee, well, looking at what is happening in the background... >.>
unfortunately he had not ground out enough dxp at that time.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-19-2011, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
What I find particularly interesting in a nitpicky sense is the fact they seem to be fighting on a Vulcan world (at least on the Starfleet side of the banner, as shown by the vulcan tower in the background. I find that of interest indeed.
That looks more like the Temple from The Big Dig fleet action. I have a feeliing the banner depicts the results of a PvE queue bug that spawned Fed and KDF characters on the same map - and chaos ensued.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-19-2011, 12:02 PM
I like the banner and that the Federation Officer seems to be modeled after David Beckham. I wouldn't mind a Beckham BO