Lt. Commander
Terradome was fixed/nerfed along time ago to make it possible (trash mobs removed, some mechanics stripped out)

At that time is was completable. However there was a tactic on the ds9 promenande when protecting the engineers where all 5 of you stayed together to defend just one .. why? Well the other undine groups around the promenade wouldnt spawn. you just defend 1 console and wait on the rest.

I never felt comfortable with this...felt like cheating.

Then Season 4 went live and we ran terradome again this time it was great....undine spawned in all 5 locations and we had to split up and defend each engineer against waves of a few undine at a time.

It felt good to be doing it properly.

BUT

ran it again yesterday and now 15+ undine spawn on each of the 5 consoles.

It is now impossible.

I do know the borg stfs are being remastered. But could we please have terradome fixed to work properly at some point. Maybe once the borg stfs are remastered.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-19-2011, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post
Terradome was fixed/nerfed along time ago to make it possible (trash mobs removed, some mechanics stripped out)

At that time is was completable. However there was a tactic on the ds9 promenande when protecting the engineers where all 5 of you stayed together to defend just one .. why? Well the other undine groups around the promenade wouldnt spawn. you just defend 1 console and wait on the rest.

Then Season 4 went live and we ran terradome again this time it was great....undine spawned in all 5 locations and we had to split up and defend each engineer against waves of a few undine at a time.

BUT

It is now impossible.

I do know the borg stfs are being remastered. But could we please have terradome fixed to work properly at some point. Maybe once the borg stfs are remastered.
I haven't tried terrordome yet, but the borg STFs are abysmal right now.
I agree that right now fixing the endgame should be one of their top priorities.

I know a lot of people right now want new content rather than bug fixes... but seriously if they just keep making new content and never fixing any of the other content eventually a huge chunk of the game is going to be unplayable or in this case more frustration than fun.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-19-2011, 10:07 AM
same experience here, not impossible but not much fun. Terradome should be kept in line with the revamp of all the other STFs. Dear Dev, please don't let Terradome turn into STO's version of ...well Terradome.

Without knowing the revamped version of the other STFs its hard to say what should happen with Terradome. But the Eng puzzle is frustrating as it puts you on a 15min CD, and there isn't much you can do about critical hits against the NPCs working on the Consoles. Maybe let the players work there and have a minigame or something.

The underground part is too long, the boss room is too easy right now. Let's hope it won't take 2 Seasons before Terradome will be brought in line with the rest.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-19-2011, 10:59 AM
I dont mind it not being upto scratch

I dont mind it being a little buggy

But I just wish it hadnt been broken again to the point of it being impossible.

Everytime something like this happens its like having content taken away from the game.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-19-2011, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post

BUT

It is now impossible.

Terradome has not been touched at all with season 4. If the encounters are behaving oddly since the release of Season 4 this is the first I've heard of it.

I will get QA to play through it and see if something is broken. If they can replicate the issues, I'll get them fixed as soon as possible.

There is always a chance that things will break in missions when we do massive updates (like season 4). It's impossible to test every mission in the game to "make sure" it still works as expected when we push large changes.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-19-2011, 09:27 PM
I ran this last week... or tried to at least.

The 'signal a fed officer' part was infuriating. Some of them don't cycle through to the coin flip animation fast enough, seems like it's about 20 minutes. It was in one particular spot, but sadly I cannot recall which.

When the Udine spawn it's absolute chaos. On a couple of attempts we couldn't get out of the ramp/tunnel before an engineer died, even with all the officers found.

Then well, we couldn't keep them alive. We came close once, but not close enough. Some of this I'm sure is a class balance issue. But some of it I think boils down to the combat changes and perhaps the engineers/guards are a bit too paper thin (hp/shield nerf or a damage buff on the udine maybe?). This was a bunch of VA's doing an RA difficulty, fed side.

The rest of the STF's were something close to fun. I literally used the pre S4 versions as having examples of nearly everything you can do wrong in game play design - but I will have to rely on old videos for that. Most of the "bad" design stuff can be powered through reasonably well now, where it was nearly impossible before. Terradome is still a bit finicky though since you really seem to need to have the right collection of offensive abilities to kill the udine fast enough to push through.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-19-2011, 09:49 PM
The psionic using undine, especially the Psi Commanders that spawn. Can kill you in one shot, doing over 900 damage in one hit. We were doing well defending the consoles, until these mobs spawned. Then those unfortunate to get these spawns, all got killed and it was game over.

The only anti-psi defense is the shield from the Devidian FE, and the Fluidic Tribble. Not counting any innate racial passives, that boost resists to psionic powers. As of Season 4, psionic attacks from Undine and Remans are very lethal.

I would be interested to know. Does Hypospray - Melorazine, give a resist to psionic powers?
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-19-2011, 10:06 PM
Hey I can understand. Our fleet has tried to run Terradome the last couple of nights with no success.

The Recruit spawns are fine to deal with while protecting the Engineers. However it is the Battle commanders and the PSI commanders that are causing the trouble. They tend to spawn near the console that is closest to where you have to talk to Myles. However they can also spawn in front of the other consoles as well.

The Group of Commanders that spawn will usually have 2 in them and sometimes 3. These guys turn you into mince meat very fast since season 4 was released. Our gear is all MK XI Purple shields and Armour. We also use the Undine tribble as well.

I have posted a Screen Shot of the Big Undine daddies that causes a team member to die quickly as well as the Engineer. I think it is virtually impossible for 1 person to hold of these big guys by themselves at the moment. Not complaining just my observations. Makes me wish I had tested Terradome on Tribble preseason 4 too give some feed back.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/97/terradome.jpg/

Personally I like the Idea of each team member having to deal with 1 console each while defending the Engineers. I thought we were the only fleet at the moment that were having problems with Terradome. However seeing the other posts here, made me want to post as well.

Keep up the good work devs. Hope the screen shot helps.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-19-2011, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
Terradome has not been touched at all with season 4. If the encounters are behaving oddly since the release of Season 4 this is the first I've heard of it.

I will get QA to play through it and see if something is broken. If they can replicate the issues, I'll get them fixed as soon as possible.

There is always a chance that things will break in missions when we do massive updates (like season 4). It's impossible to test every mission in the game to "make sure" it still works as expected when we push large changes.
Hey Gozer,
Not sure who is passing the word on to ya'll there but it's been broken like this ever sence season 4 came out and i know that there has been a bunch of tickets turned in on it, So maybe a pow wow is needed with those who read the tickets,
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-20-2011, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer

Thanks a bunch Gozer. Are there any plans to remaster Terradome along with the other STFs? In the meantime please let us know if QA feels that the NPC on the console survive Undine attacks long enough. As others have mentioned here, the problem is with one-shooting Undine. Really no fun if you have to repeat that part over and over hoping that this time you won't get crit hits.