Lt. Commander
# 1 STFBor given new weapon?
08-03-2012, 09:51 PM
One of the first things i tried after i got my Orb Weaver was to trap a borg cube in the Web. Just as it started to set up a yellow wave rippled from the cube and completely destroyed the spinners and the web never formed. After a few dozen tries and never getting the web to even form in an STF i fugured i would try it on a Nanite Transformer in Infected Space Elite. But the same yellow wave destroyed the spinners before they could finish. Thats right, A NANITE TRANSFORMER USED AN ATTACK/ABILITY!!!!!

Were the borg given a new ability to specifically counteract the web? I have neve seen it used any other time except against the web
Captain
# 2
08-04-2012, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha1369 View Post
One of the first things i tried after i got my Orb Weaver was to trap a borg cube in the Web. Just as it started to set up a yellow wave rippled from the cube and completely destroyed the spinners and the web never formed. After a few dozen tries and never getting the web to even form in an STF i fugured i would try it on a Nanite Transformer in Infected Space Elite. But the same yellow wave destroyed the spinners before they could finish. Thats right, A NANITE TRANSFORMER USED AN ATTACK/ABILITY!!!!!

Were the borg given a new ability to specifically counteract the web? I have neve seen it used any other time except against the web
The web won't work on large targets. That ripple is the web collapsing/failing.

Use it on probes, BoPs, and raptors.
Career Officer
# 3
08-04-2012, 04:01 AM
That sounds like it will be useful in KASE.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-04-2012, 07:50 AM
Thanks, its too bad, i'd love to snare one of those pesky cubes and watch it bounce around

I have tried in on KASE btw, but probes and spheres always destroy it before it forms. I got it to form once around Donatra though.
Career Officer
# 5
08-04-2012, 07:53 AM
It would at least delay the probes a bit.
Career Officer
# 6
08-05-2012, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
The web won't work on large targets. That ripple is the web collapsing/failing.

Use it on probes, BoPs, and raptors.
ouch that sucks
Career Officer
# 7
08-05-2012, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean2448 View Post
ouch that sucks
yes there seems to be to many probe just remember troll factor
infected newb always breaks for other gen team gets screwed now double nanites none by him