Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Peng and FAW
07-19-2011, 11:23 AM
I give up with PvP, today i met two players who use 2 peng torpedos + FAW. What is this? And how can 2 torps take more then 40% of my hull. Really guys pls fix this skills, this is not fun at all. First cooldawn for peng it too small for the damage which make and second let's only 1 peng to be allow on one ship. This is annoying plus this player is healing and make huge damage with this broken stuff.
I am using fleet escort.

Sorry for my english but i hope you will understand what i want to say
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
07-19-2011, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesko
What is this?
thats life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesko
how can 2 torps take more then 40% of my hull.
they can't
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
07-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Are you sure, escorts have smaller hull don't forget this. 2 Peng can blow you on 40%

And this is not the life, this is bugs in one game. If they fix this many people will be happy and many people will cry.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
07-19-2011, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesko
Are you sure, escorts have smaller hull don't forget this. 2 Peng can blow you on 40%

And this is not the life, this is bugs in one game. If they fix this many people will be happy and many people will cry.
You can mitigate the damage with Brace for Impact, Polarize Hull, Aux to sif.

HE removes the DOT the cause the secondary explosion. But ti validate your argument it requires the least amount of skill points 2300 max and many of the sci ships are running it with max consoles to up its damage.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
07-19-2011, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
You can mitigate the damage with Brace for Impact, Polarize Hull, Aux to sif.

HE removes the DOT the cause the secondary explosion. But ti validate your argument it requires the least amount of skill points 2300 max and many of the sci ships are running it with max consoles to up its damage.
Plus one escort can't have so many sci skills, i have one HE but when someone attack me with 2 peng + FAW what i can do except running. I don't play PvP for running Anyway i am glad that there are tournaments where this skills are forbidden and i can feel real PvP.
I just want this peng to be allow only 1 on ship and increase their cooldown,. It's not normal one sci full healing ship to make damage like escort because of this torps.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
07-19-2011, 02:12 PM
I still won't use Pengs, they are just wrong on so many levels. And I certainly can't see using them on a faction that doesn't even have access to them. I still maintain that they'll get another adjustment before Klinks even get them and all the Pengers out there will wonder what the big deal ever was.

I have been using FAW1 on my Saber Class escort with 2 Dual Phaser Beam Banks while leveling an alt though. It's better than it was for sure, but it still feels like it's too much.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
07-19-2011, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesko
Plus one escort can't have so many sci skills, i have one HE but when someone attack me with 2 peng + FAW what i can do except running. I don't play PvP for running Anyway i am glad that there are tournaments where this skills are forbidden and i can feel real PvP.
I just want this peng to be allow only 1 on ship and increase their cooldown,. It's not normal one sci full healing ship to make damage like escort because of this torps.
I will ecourage you to try running a heal heavy recon sci torp boat. With phasers and quants. Run tach beam3, target shields and 2 copies of high yeild 1. With 1 array fore and aft, 2 quants fore and aft. You can sub an aft torp for mines or tcd IMO.

A sci ship on full aux and beefy shields can way outlast any escort. You will drain shields like crazy, you will land more critical quantums than you have ever seen in your life. And therefore possibly outdamage an escort.

Quants>Pengs. They just are. Also as other people have mentioned being situational helps. Have a brigde officer handy with he1 and sciteam2 next time you run into fawpeng spammers.

As for fighting fawpengminespammers.... Well you may need to experiment with faw to win that one. Or get used to tab spacebar tab spacebar tab spacebar.
(I in no way would recommend to anyone running faw even after the fix. Evrythings other beam buff is better on any ship IMO)

see you on the battlefield.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
07-19-2011, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I still won't use Pengs, they are just wrong on so many levels. And I certainly can't see using them on a faction that doesn't even have access to them. I still maintain that they'll get another adjustment before Klinks even get them and all the Pengers out there will wonder what the big deal ever was.
I stuffed my peng in the bank and never looked back.

I don't want to get 'hooked' on some kind of broken/OP/Exploitable thing as the linchpin of my combat strategy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
07-19-2011, 03:24 PM
but the peng was fixed! i think its proc effect does need a reduction in how often it procs though. isnt it at like 33% now or something? needs to be more in line with the other types of weapons.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
07-19-2011, 03:50 PM
If my Phaser Cannons proc'd as much as Hargh'Pengs, I would be able to disable all the systems on any ship five times over in 15 seconds.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:29 PM.