Lt. Commander
# 1 A few noob questions...
08-02-2011, 10:30 AM
Sorry if these have been asked a million times - I'm having trouble narrowing my search wording and getting updated info. If someone can be kind enough to answer a few questions,

1. Is there a way to see the quest rewards after you take the quest? I tried bringing up the quest text, hailing starfleet, but they all end with the green text that states the objective and no list of rewards. I feel like I'm totally missing something easy lol. After picking up a bunch of quests, I'd like to prioritize, i.e. get my bridge officers filled out first, then move on, etc.

2. With the defend the sector Tour Of Duty quests, how do I get credit for the "enemy signal contact?" I've gone into the encounter solo and with others in the zone, blown a bunch of enemies up, but it seems random on when I get the 3/3 credit filled. Again, feel like I'm missing something obvious.

3. Is the TOS C-Store Enterprise just a low level ship that gets replaced after you level up? I really like this game more than I thought and as a fan of TOS I'd love to fly around in that classic design, but can't justify paying real money for the ship and bridge pack if it's just eye candy after the low levels.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuestKnight
Sorry if these have been asked a million times - I'm having trouble narrowing my search wording and getting updated info. If someone can be kind enough to answer a few questions,

1. Is there a way to see the quest rewards after you take the quest? I tried bringing up the quest text, hailing starfleet, but they all end with the green text that states the objective and no list of rewards. I feel like I'm totally missing something easy lol. After picking up a bunch of quests, I'd like to prioritize, i.e. get my bridge officers filled out first, then move on, etc.

2. With the defend the sector Tour Of Duty quests, how do I get credit for the "enemy signal contact?" I've gone into the encounter solo and with others in the zone, blown a bunch of enemies up, but it seems random on when I get the 3/3 credit filled. Again, feel like I'm missing something obvious.

3. Is the TOS C-Store Enterprise just a low level ship that gets replaced after you level up? I really like this game more than I thought and as a fan of TOS I'd love to fly around in that classic design, but can't justify paying real money for the ship and bridge pack if it's just eye candy after the low levels.

Thanks!
1. nope, unless you look it up on STOwiki or a similar site

2. on the right of the screen it'll say how many enemies you've killed (X/8 normaly) if the mission is 'going' if it doesnt it means it's waiting to reset, you wont get credit during this time. and it can (or atleast could) occasionaly not credit you for doing it properly.

3. the TOS connie is a T1 (or T0 depending on how you look at it) the weapons level with you but the ship does not, the only scailing ships are the shuttles. the bridge can be used with any ship.

4. never be afraid to ask questions, there isnt realy a manual to the game so it's the best way to find stuff out
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-02-2011, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuestKnight

Thanks!
1. Sorry, not sure about that.

2. One thing that can happen with Deep Space Encounters is kind of a cooldown timer that prevents people from doing nothing but grinding DSE's. Once someone has completed a DSE, that DSE is on cooldown for about 5 minutes. You can remain in the DSE and you still get skill points for blowing up ships, but it won't count against the number of ships you need to destroy or complete a sector defense mission. I generally avoid these, so someone else may have better information.

3. Yes, the TOS Enterprise is only a Tier 1 ship. You might get away with flying it as a Lieutenant Commander if you're not doing Space PvP and you aren't playing at a higher difficulty, but I don't really recommend it. Lt. Cmdr's should be in Tier 3 ships.

That said, if you're into TOS role-play it would probably be a must-buy. The TOS bundle includes a TOS ship interior that's a bit more functional than the regular ship interiors. I think there may be TOS RP groups, but can't point you at any of them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Thanks a bunch for the answers, the deep space encounter makes way more sense now that i know there's a "completion" to it and it has a reset.

Too bad on the TOS Constitution, I guess it makes sense as we've moved on in the timeline. I still might have to get the TOS bundle though, wow that looks sweet from what I've seen.