Lt. Commander
# 11
07-19-2011, 03:09 PM
6. Builds-Putting the Puzzle Together:
This is where things get complicated.
Putting it all together!
Basic points on Builds, Know your roles! Do my BOs traits complement this role? Finally there is almost every away team that can be improved by adding a healer to it.

Pure Builds- Are pretty self Explanatory, collect 3 or 4 BOs with favorable traits, train them in the relevant powers, and then Success!

All healing
The point of this method is simply to heal through all the damage you take, while your PC does the lion share of the killing. Easier said then done in S4, It still may be possible but not recommended.

All Turrets
Another Older build that not as effective in S4, engineers with Turrets or Drones, the goal is to divide aggro, while you and your turret army destroy the other guy.

Stealth Team
Not something I overly recommend but I have seen it. All BOs with stealth, hand out Pulsewaves, lunge, and get in close.

Grenade Team
In days past I wasn't impressed with this method, however given the new power of grenades in S4, 3 BOs with mix of plasma grenades, photon grenades, and Overwatch looks pretty functional.

Expose Teams
Similar to Pure Build expose teams, are built to simple expose the enemy as much as possible.
Given the new level of effectiveness in Sci powers this build viability has increased in S4. Be sure to mix in healing to help the rough spots.

Mixed Teams
An Engineer, a Tac, a Sci and a Healer. Its an oldie but a goodie. Make sure you focus down one set of goals, Hold the enemy, expose the enemy, blow up the enemy.

Have a Build you want to add? Post it!
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-19-2011, 03:10 PM
7.Fashion-Gotta Look Good Doing it:
Its not Critical while your leveling, but making your BO uniform is fun! Givings a little more personality, to your Crew, and lets your play with the Hundreds of awesome costume combinations avaliable. If your stumped for ideas hit up Blackavaar's Guide to Canon Colors

Yes I know this is the moral equivalent of playing dress up, and it dosen't seem very MACOy but just remember Marine uniforms are custom made to Look Sharpe! Its no accident they look that good, so you can do the same!
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-19-2011, 03:12 PM
8.Misc. Special Cases:
During the leveling process resources are of course at a premium. So plan ahead! BOs are amoung the best rewards you get while leveling. Make sure you understand the BO exchange market. Efficient BOs are excellent in many ways but mostly you can sell them for giant piles of Energy Credits. So keep your Eye out for those Saurian Green BOs.

Next look at each BO you get decied what you want to do and pick the ones that fit that role. Later on after leveling you can spend all the time it takes to get just the right trait mix to fit your various away teams, by lurking in the exchange. But you don't have time for that while leveling.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-19-2011, 03:13 PM
<Saved For Updates>
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-20-2011, 02:32 AM
AT the are of these excellent guides, WishStone's gonna have to get more thread stick glue...

Excellent writeup,especially on the traits
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-20-2011, 05:08 PM
ty I made it mainly b/c I wasn't sure if AA would come back.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-20-2011, 05:20 PM
Hey Arkin, are you sure about the exposes? From my experience, it seems like they've lowered the chances for you or your Bridge Officers to expose an opponent. I can't really talk a lot about exploits since I haven't gotten a lot since S4 dropped.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-20-2011, 05:33 PM
I use an exploit team I changed out some stuff but I kill stuff real fast and exploit all the time. It maybe lower but if it is its not much. I also use Pulsewave these days to be upfront, so that may help. Its worth noting my BO all have superior Luck. And a long list of AoE expose powers.
If i could get Thermal Venting on a BO I would be unstoppable I am sure.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-22-2011, 08:06 AM
Still Seeking additional Builds
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-24-2011, 09:49 PM
Shameless Bump