Lt. Commander
# 11
07-20-2011, 01:33 PM
the ticket system also needs to tell the players exactly what kind of information is submitted alongside the typed text.

for example i only know that the game sends a screenshot with the bug report because it was said so in the Forum. -> the majority of Players will never know that if it isn't clearly written in the UI.

Usually when i encounter Bugs i hit the screenshot button and submit a ticket later.
often a bug is only visible shortly, or while in battle, i can't write a bug report mid battle...

It would surely be helpful if i could select the screenshot from my screenshot folder to be submitted with my report OR to make one right now.
Or if the pic does not help, deactivate the screenshot... 10000000 bug reports and all have a screenshot surely needs some hard disk space ;P

A proper bug tracker, where i can search, contribute etc. would be more helpful in tracking something down then simply typing a few lines without a response if it was even helpful.

Tickets that have been resolved need to be CLOSED, either by Q&A, or by the Player.

I would suggest to LINK bug reports to *known issues*
have a public known issues list accessible in game and add progress info on bugs that are being looked into / worked on / resolved. (even if it is only in a top 50 list or something)
(green / yellow / red button etc.).

There is much to be improved, especially in communication between Players and Dev's.

If we can have a C-Store 2.0 i think we should be able to get a Ticket System 2.0
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-20-2011, 01:35 PM
On the whole, most of the options are there in the various menua:-
  • Request GM Help
  • Submit a bug report
  • View my tickets

Perhaps a better system would have these options in 1 window instead, so its easier to navigate between them?

I think most of the issues I have with the ticket system though are not the actual user interface in the game, but the functionality when reporting bugs and making additions to submitted tickets.

To be honest, I think most of the changes required are on the backend, by allowing popular issues to be seen ingame, it should reduce the number of tickets been submitted (as would be able to see and edit your tickets in the bug report window). By reducing the number of tickets, this should free up more time for the GM's to read the tickets and as such give them more time to give more appropriate responces.

I have noticed a few times that people complain about bugs on the forums and the dev's state they are away of them, yet there is nothing in the bug reporter statin this, thus you get more tickets submitted because the people ingame are not aware the issue is known. Currently we do have a few stickied issues in the bug reporter (which is great), but this is something that needs to be maintained more rigourously, because if it is maintained, it should reduce ticket numbers, which is a good thing (TM).

Overall, I believe the main issue is not how tickets are responded too, but more that fact that the ticket system as it is now probably produces many duplicate tickets which is turn eats up dev/gm time, which in turn results in issues with them responding to the tickets more timely and accurately.

The bug report window also needs a 'Foundry' option as well, since there is no option for reporting Foundry bugs currently,
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-20-2011, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suricata View Post
more so when the canned message have nothing at all to do with your ticket, which makes players like myslef feel less inclined to bother making tickets.
I feel this myself. And have for a long time. The very circular flow of the process makes me stop participating in the process. That includes the forums. The system right now is very much ...

a- I can take out a ticket. Get a canned response. Have it ignored.
b- Post a thread about the issue. Have it locked and get told to take out a ticket.

Both options make me feel like the feedback is being ignored. And the issue sits unresolved for quite a long time.

How's that help the customers? How's that help the people gathering feedback or working to resolve issues?

I've spent some time working in a call center. I've used my fair share of canned responses. Mine were still different from my co-workers, with a bit more personal touch. And I would never let tickets fall into a circular cycle of being ignored as all that ever does is upset the customer.

So you know ... try to fix that? The whole process seems to be designed right now to not really facilitate quality customer service.

That's not good, imo.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-20-2011, 04:02 PM
I agree 100% about being able to search tickets and being able to add information to existing tickets. Both need to be turned back on.

But what I'd like the most from the Ticket System is Visibility:

When was my ticket received by a real person?
Were they able to verify my bug?
When was the bug fixed?

It's clear to me that the File-N-Forget system was never designed with visibility in mind. And that this may never happen.

But if you really want to improve your service, visibility must be addressed.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-20-2011, 07:28 PM
One suggestion I have is that the staff not close tickets prematurely. Let your customers tell you when their issue has been resolved to their satisfaction. On this subject, a way to have a discussion apart from the ticket system would be helpful.

Another is that someone take the time to answer every ticket. You should never ignore a customer by closing a ticket without response. Also, if a customer requests an explanation or clarification, you should provide it.

Finally, there needs to be some way to escalate appeals. If I have an issue in a store that I feel the staff cannot or will not deal with, I can ask to talk to the manager. The same should be true here.

I would like to offer more suggestions and explanations, but I'm not sure what I'm allowed to say.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-21-2011, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
One suggestion I have is that the staff not close tickets prematurely. Let your customers tell you when their issue has been resolved to their satisfaction. On this subject, a way to have a discussion apart from the ticket system would be helpful.

Another is that someone take the time to answer every ticket. You should never ignore a customer by closing a ticket without response. Also, if a customer requests an explanation or clarification, you should provide it.
The problem with that, is that one of the devs said a while back that they had something like 1 million tickets during beta, I'm pretty sure that number has dropped, but still, canned responces will almost always be used for bug reports, but the canned responces need to be more appropriate and show that the devs have understood exactly what is in your ticket, for example, if I have a bug with a certain mission, it would be nice to get a canned responce that mentions that mission (and the issue) so that I know they really are ware of it.

I suppose another issue the devs need to be able to address is people spamming the ticketing system, I've seen it a few times in zone chat where someone happily proclaims they are sending a ticket every hour, on the hour, until they get a responce or something is fixed. This kind of thing really clogs up the system, perhaps there could be an internal system that adds some users tickets in the bug system as 'spam' if they get caught spamming the system too much with duplicate tickets? (I also think having the stickies in the ticket system like metioned earlier could rememdy this somewhat too, as people will see the issue has been brought to the devs attention?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
One Finally, there needs to be some way to escalate appeals. If I have an issue in a store that I feel the staff cannot or will not deal with, I can ask to talk to the manager. The same should be true here.
Sadly some people 'insist' on only speaking to a manager to resolve an issue (from my experiance in customer support) and will not accept an answer from anybody else. For the ticket system, there really is no need for someone to have to esculate the case, perhaps some GM requests might need further communication, I'm not quite sure what the appeal process is though, I've put in GM requests before, but, as stated earlier in the thread, there was no way to easy way to respond back to the GM's for further rectification.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-21-2011, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suricata View Post
The problem with that, is that one of the devs said a while back that they had something like 1 million tickets during beta, I'm pretty sure that number has dropped, but still, canned responces will almost always be used for bug reports, but the canned responces need to be more appropriate and show that the devs have understood exactly what is in your ticket, for example, if I have a bug with a certain mission, it would be nice to get a canned responce that mentions that mission (and the issue) so that I know they really are ware of it.

I suppose another issue the devs need to be able to address is people spamming the ticketing system, I've seen it a few times in zone chat where someone happily proclaims they are sending a ticket every hour, on the hour, until they get a responce or something is fixed. This kind of thing really clogs up the system, perhaps there could be an internal system that adds some users tickets in the bug system as 'spam' if they get caught spamming the system too much with duplicate tickets? (I also think having the stickies in the ticket system like metioned earlier could rememdy this somewhat too, as people will see the issue has been brought to the devs attention?).
Good points. However, no reply to a ticket - especially one that makes an inquiry - makes the customer feel ignored. To use my analogy, if you walked into a store and asked if they sell shoes, wouldn't you be annoyed if they didn't answer?

Spamming the ticket system would be less of a problem if there was another way to communicate with them, as I mentioned. Of course, there are always those who will abuse any system.

Quote:
Sadly some people 'insist' on only speaking to a manager to resolve an issue (from my experiance in customer support) and will not accept an answer from anybody else. For the ticket system, there really is no need for someone to have to esculate the case, perhaps some GM requests might need further communication, I'm not quite sure what the appeal process is though, I've put in GM requests before, but, as stated earlier in the thread, there was no way to easy way to respond back to the GM's for further rectification.
If I have it right, the way it goes is: You file an appeal. The appeal is assessed by someone other than that who acted on the original situation. This decision is final.

The problem is what happens if the decision on the appeal is not adequately explained, if the appeal is not handled appropriately, or if there is some other problem that requires further attention. There's no recourse to have the situation addressed further. This is one reason I suggested that tickets should not be closed prematurely.

I agree, some people DO insist on speaking to a manager, however, we are CUSTOMERS, and we deserve to be treated as such. If a customer at a store asks to see a manager, right or wrong, you don't tell them he can't.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-21-2011, 06:09 AM
I totally agree with the suggestions in this thread. I have filed bug reports about STO and CO in the past and have become disenfranchised enough to not really bother with it as the current system gives little to no feed back.

The ability to search for tickets that your issue has happened on would allow for Devs to hot spot shoot developing issues are at least "triage" them for best response. It seems to me that software that routes tickets to the right department can also pick a form letter that will give a reporter more of a sense that their unique issue has been to some degree addressed.

I have played other games where GM help came within 15 minutes of the initial request and let me say that it is more than gratifying, it engenders my loyalty. After waiting over two hours in STO for GM assistance to never get it I tend to look for my own solutions and workarounds anymore, (as my last "stuck in a CO building" GM assistance request suggests).
Lt. Commander
# 19 some thoughts
07-21-2011, 06:31 AM
I feel some good ideas have been said some things I feel may help the process

1) A 3 tier priority system(low, medium & High) implement on the back end , as other have already said you should be able to add to an existing ticket for the same issue, ones that ticket reaches let say 200 responses then that issue should get a "High" priority with an automated email going to the Dev team. for a Quickest possible resolution "some times the fixes are not as easy we would like" and will still take time

2) the line from the from the standard response "that if the above dose not address your issue please submit another ticket" ( or something like that ) should be removed as that just creates more tickets in system which I don't feel helps the issue .

3)Live support should be expanded from just account & Billing issues. with tools to handle low level in-game issues, with medium & High issue being forwarded to the Dev's

these are just some thoughts make what you like of them
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-21-2011, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreyes64 View Post
I feel some good ideas have been said some things I feel may help the process

2) the line from the from the standard response "that if the above dose not address your issue please submit another ticket" ( or something like that ) should be removed as that just creates more tickets in system which I don't feel helps the issue .
Some good suggestions, to add to this one though:-

Perhaps if the responce does not satisfy you, maybe there should be an option to reply with further feedback instead of having to submit another ticket, because lets face it, a revamp should be aiming to cut uneeded ticket numbers. This option would then make an addition to the previous ticket, which from the devs side would be in an addition window. It should be made clear that the reply feature is only if you are not satisfyed with the responce, so the system doesn't get filled with responces such as 'thanks'. Maybe even having some multiple choice answers you can choose as well, these answers could then be filtered backend into responces that actually require looking at, for example, if someone is not happy simply because the bug is still ingame, then a GM really doesn't need to spend time reading a rant.