Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
been away from the game for a year, due to being out of work (thanks global economic crisis), and im finally able to re-sub, now there are lots of new ships in the c-store, like the Gal-X, retrofits, Neb and Exc.

but what i dont know is what ones are only available from the c-store and what are available ingame?

I dont want to waste my points on a ship i can get ingame

thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-20-2011, 06:07 AM
At Lieutenant General, or Vice Admiral if you prefer, you'll be given a token that allows you to purchase almost any ship available in game including the iconic refits. Those few ships that are not available can be had by grinding emblem quests. It takes awhile but you can get 500 emblems eventually.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-20-2011, 06:12 AM
for the Fed side:
Galaxy-X = C-Store only or 5 referals (get 5 friends to sub)
TOS Connie, NX Replica, Oberth = C-Store only
the 4th ship variants for the Tier 5 ships = C-Store only
Galaxy, Defiant, Intrepid Retrofits = Uses ship tokens at Vice Admiral rank (though after that, needs a grind or C-Store to get the others)
Tier 5 Excelsior, Nebula, D'Kyr and Multi-Vector-Assault-Mode Prometheus = C-Store or grind (can't use ship token)
Type-8 Shuttle and Peregine Figther = C-Store only

for the KDF side:
B'Rel Retrofit, Varanus Fleet Support Vessel, Marauder Patrol Cruiser, Kar'Fi Battle Carrier = Uses ship token (after that, C-Store or grind for the rest)
Guramba Siege Destroyer = C-Store or grind (more than the rest on the grind)
Tor'Kaht ship variant = C-Store only
To'Duj Figther = C-Store only

I believe that's all of them... though if i'm wrong, someone feel free to correct me
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-20-2011, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek17
for the Fed side:
Galaxy-X = C-Store only or 5 referals (get 5 friends to sub)
TOS Connie, NX Replica, Oberth = C-Store only
the 4th ship variants for the Tier 5 ships = C-Store only
Galaxy, Defiant, Intrepid Retrofits = Uses ship tokens at Vice Admiral rank (though after that, needs a grind or C-Store to get the others)
Tier 5 Excelsior, Nebula, D'Kyr and Multi-Vector-Assault-Mode Prometheus = C-Store or grind (can't use ship token)

for the KDF side:
B'Rel Retrofit, Varanus Fleet Support Vessel, Marauder Patrol Cruiser, Kar'Fi Battle Carrier = Uses ship token (after that, C-Store or grind for the rest)
Guramba Siege Destroyer = C-Store or grind (more than the rest on the grind)
Tor'Kaht ship variant = C-Store only
To'Duj Figther = C-Store only

I believe that's all of them... though if i'm wrong, someone feel free to correct me
as the store only has Excelsior and Nebula refits i assume you get the lower level versions at the same time....two for one kinda thing?

edit: also...do you need to buy c-store ships like the Gal-X with ingame creds as well or are they just there?
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-20-2011, 07:23 AM
Quote:
as the store only has Excelsior and Nebula refits i assume you get the lower level versions at the same time....two for one kinda thing?
Actually, the lower level versions you can buy for Energy Credits (only, no package deals. If you buy the Tier 5 Nebula, you don't get the Tier 3, and I think you can only buy it even at RA or VA.).

Also, all Tier 5 ships are available via Emblems (some even Marks). It requires you to grind a lot of them. (~500 to 800 IIRC). (A poor guy like me that mostly PvPs gets only 3 per day, adding in PvE stuff can net you 15 or more, but I guess 6 or so is a realistic figure if you play one or two hours per day on average)

The ship costumes (e.g. no special stats, just a different look for one of the tier 5 ships) cannot be acquired via Emblems.

Quote:
edit: also...do you need to buy c-store ships like the Gal-X with ingame creds as well or are they just there?
No, once you have bought it from the C-Store, you can simply claim them. Keep in mind that claiming might require you to have an open ship slot (it's possibly they know automatically disably the option if you have no open ship slots or are otherwise disqualified to get the item.)
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-21-2011, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek17
for the Fed side:
[...]
Type-8 is the free shuttle from DeSoto for starting "The Vault".

Class-F (TOS style) shuttle is part of the TOS bundle (C-store only).
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-21-2011, 12:02 PM
If you buy the Nebula or Excelsior from the C-Store you get the T3 version for free. Or you can buy the T3s with Energy Credits if you have not purchased the C-Store versions. The purchase unlocks the ship for all characters you might have.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-23-2011, 05:23 AM
does the MVAM only use the Prommie model?
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-23-2011, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chugster View Post
does the MVAM only use the Prommie model?
yes. you can use either of the 3 skins still but it only works on that particular type of ship. you can't use it on a defiant or a galaxy etc.

the console can be used in either the c-store version or the normal version you get for free. each ship has a slightly different boff set up.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-23-2011, 05:42 AM
ok last question....for now :p

if i buy the Neb/Exc refits do i have to pay EC for the T3 versions or are they completely free?