Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #23
06-18-2013, 08:00 AM
Systems Designer Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleski shares details about the upcoming Fleet System expansion in this entry of the Legacy of Romulus News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 2
06-18-2013, 08:10 AM
Looks like good stuff. I'm looking forward to the Fleet warp cores and engineering consoles.
Empire Veteran
# 3
06-18-2013, 08:11 AM
So do those dilithium discounts count for rep gear too? If so that would be a good 1st step to making the system less grindy.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Career Officer
# 4
06-18-2013, 08:11 AM
I hope the Featured Vanity Projects will cost substantially less than 200K... Giving us this for saving, well there;s one you can apply from the get go.
Captain
# 5
06-18-2013, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
So do those dilithium discounts count for rep gear too? If so that would be a good 1st step to making the system less grindy.
Given that the current implementation of the holding on Tribble doesn't even break even (IE: you put more into the mine than you'll save with an entire T5 starbase and full Embassy)...not so much.

Cryptic explicitly makes the argument in this blog "it'll pay off eventually". Yes it will. After another full fleet holding (and even then only assuming that you built the entire Starbase and Embassy with the mine discount, which very, very few fleets will do). But it does nothing in the short term to lessen the grind.

In other words, Stahl's hype about a "significant improvement" from the mine is a complete and utter lie.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
06-18-2013, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Given that the current implementation of the holding on Tribble doesn't even break even (IE: you put more into the mine than you'll save with an entire T5 starbase and full Embassy)...not so much.

Cryptic explicitly makes the argument in this blog "it'll pay off eventually". Yes it will. After another full fleet holding (and even then only assuming that you built the entire Starbase and Embassy with the mine discount, which very, very few fleets will do). But it does nothing in the short term to lessen the grind.

In other words, Stahl's hype about a "significant improvement" from the mine is a complete and utter lie.
Assuming it goes live in its current form. They have already upped the discount once, I'm hoping they'll do it again before launch. 10/15/20 seems fair to me, and we're not too far off!
Ensign
# 7
06-18-2013, 08:26 AM
Please say this isn't the oft promised balm for small fleets. The stats from tribble show this to be a paltry discount compared to the prices. This addition makes involvement in a small fleet far more discouraging, not less.
Career Officer
# 8
06-18-2013, 08:32 AM
Why I do not understand is why to upgrade the dilithium mine you need dilithium. Is like starting a brewery but you need to get beer first to star building it.

On a second thought, I will just get beer to build our mine?
Captain
# 9
06-18-2013, 08:34 AM
Is there any reason to want to sell keys for ec (or to have a exchange in game) if all ships items are character bound and cant be sold on exchange to have a wannabe ingame economy?
Republic Veteran
# 10
06-18-2013, 08:36 AM
I'm being somewhat cautious about the Dilithium Mine. Not that I think "cryptic suck!!!111!" because I don't, I have loved being a part of this game for nearly four years. My main concern comes from the amount of Dilithium you have to put in before you start earning more via discounts.

As long as we break even, I'm happy. Haven't tested this on tribble yet so I'll wait and see
THE ARTIST FORMALLY KNOWN AS TRYULIS
Vice Admiral Dir Sonatra, I.R.W. Kholairlha, Scimitar Class Warbird
Vice Admiral Oshin S'ree, USS Steamrunner, Steamrunner Class

TEN FORWARD FLEET