Lt. Commander
# 111
07-20-2011, 07:25 PM
very nice! again, can we have a wallpaper image of the enterprise F?
i see on another thread a great idea if some of the STO ships got made into model kits
i collect and paint star trek ship models ( most being the different enterprise classes) and would buy the enterprise F at the drop of a hat! in fact i think STO merchandise would be great anyway. " play star trek online and enjoy a cup of earl gray in the official STO mug".

going back to the design, i wasnt sure at first when the first images came out. now with the complete image! WOW she sure is a beauty.
Lt. Commander
You plan on explaining what hapen to the E, really guys you really dont know how to write or story or use an opportunity to create content. u guys are just becoming worse at function and story telling. You do know this game is suppose to be an MMO
Lt. Commander
# 113
07-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshanee
HOLY COW! what is great ship!

BUT i rather to know what happened to ENT E first before ENT F entered....

it need explained

LOVE THIS SHIP!
I believe in the STO Timeline it says that the Enterprise-E went in to a region of space and wasn't heard from again. Maybe they're holding it back for a return appearance in a future storyline? Sort of a "Yesterday's Enterprise" TAKE TWO sort of thing only maybe without the time travel / alternate timeline aspect. Have it come through to present day like the USS Bozeman did in "Cause and Effect".

And just once more I have to say how absolutely amazing the new Enterprise looks. I love it and I'd like to say congratulations to the DTNE competition winner along and the STO devs who have put together a fine looking ship and one that is most definitely the Enterprise. I'm sure this Odyssey-class USS Enterprise-F will continue the legendary voyages begun by its Constitution-class predecessor and make sure that history doesn't forget the name Enterprise.
Lt. Commander
# 114
07-20-2011, 07:33 PM
I really like this new design myself, I think she looks great and I can't wait to see the Enterprise when she makes her debut in-game.

Equally as excited when the Odyssey-class becomes available in the C-Store, but we have to let the Enterprise have her moment in the spotlight.
Lt. Commander
# 115
07-20-2011, 07:42 PM
I like the new ship. Can't wait to fly one. I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of information given regarding the ship's capabilities, all we know is that it's a new cruiser. There was talk of a launch-able support craft or even a saucer separation, any word on that? What about console and Boff slot setup?
Lt. Commander
# 116
07-20-2011, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
You plan on explaining what hapen to the E, really guys you really dont know how to write or story or use an opportunity to create content. u guys are just becoming worse at function and story telling. You do know this game is suppose to be an MMO
Its fairly clear that they don't have permission to use the E-E and associated characters due to legal issues involving CBS and Paramount and likeness rights and all that jazz.

Basically, the E-E is reserved for "other things" for now, and they need to leave her history wide open - thus she is "missing" for the foreseeable future, and we're getting a new flagship.

Hopefully the mission will give some details about why Starfleet has "moved on" from the E-E for now, but you need to realize its out of Cryptic's hands.
Lt. Commander
# 117
07-20-2011, 08:12 PM
If you imagine Voyager as Starfleet's Flagship, lost somewhere in space. If they were unable to contact Starfleet, wouldn't they just assume they are gone forever?

The Enterprise-E could have gone anywhere. It could have accidentally fallen into a black hole
Lt. Commander
# 118
07-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Once again, where's my prefix code to one of these babys.
Lt. Commander
# 119
07-20-2011, 08:39 PM
She's a beauty. I can't wait for the featured episode and the pomp and circumstance.

Also more high-res renders and angles please.
Lt. Commander
# 120
07-20-2011, 08:42 PM
I am going to fly the S out of this thing.
Closed Thread