Lt. Commander
# 841
12-30-2011, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
would be great though if they keep us updated other than pictures of the class.
"Updated?"

The Ent-F hasn't been talked about in months haha. The mirror version of it was even taken out of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 842
12-30-2011, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiClari View Post
But to be serious for a moment, I would like to see it as a Cruiser that is balanced between Science and Tactical. I'd like to see Cmdr Engineer, Lt. Cmdr Tactical and Science, and Lt. Engineer for BOFF stations, and either 4-3-3 Consoles or else 4-2-2 with a "universal" console slot. Weapons, maneuverability and hull would be similar to the Retrofit Excelsior (assuming that it is a RA or VA ship).
I kinda like it.

There were other threads in the past (all long past expiration date now, however) where another suggested layout was:
Cmdr Engineering
Lt. Cmdr Universal
Lt. Tactical
Lt. Science
Ensign Engineering

The argument being, it allows a single ship to be highly versatile without making it not a Cruiser.

The trick I ran into was trying to balance it. The best method might be a 4-2-2 console layout like you suggested, because it would somewhat discourage a mixed ship. My fear is, though, that only two consoles in a division would be too much of a gimp for a mixed ship. Though at the same time, there has to be a price for flexibility...
Lt. Commander
# 843
12-30-2011, 06:08 PM
Ideally as the Federation Flagship.. She should be at least the level of the Motion pictures Bridge staff.

But maybe you see the Exec a Riker Full commander Universal
Second Officer Data was a LCDR a Lt commander
all other department heads for major Bridge like wise.

Like TOS 1701

Captain Kirk 4 sleeve stripes should have been there like Navy was done differently to look more sci fi and not same
Commander Spock 3 full stripes
so happens to be a sci not a engineer so off a bit
Scotty Bones LCDRs middle stripe is narrow
TAC was LT 2 full stripes
Helm Ensign 1 stripe
COMM LT JG in many pics narrow and broad stripe

in Star Fleet Command era this was the top tier shown star fleet battles fleshed out the fleet the series dint have budget for

The flagship replaces the promised T6 Jupiter ship.

Main problem will be in Balance and Bridge slots or power tray options
its should be a ship to serve all branches equally.

Perhaps we could look at the Scaling ships option.

IT's going to be in C-Store but also obtainable thru the new FE arc When DS 9 is the hub of Dominion War part 2.

So maybe a parallel to the Excellent Excel T3 then the Retro fit could work here.
Lt. Commander
# 844
12-31-2011, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
"Updated?"

The Ent-F hasn't been talked about in months haha. The mirror version of it was even taken out of the game.
Hence my point. Thank you for making my point even better. The ent f has been talked about for a while but only thing that people have been talking baout is the pictures and assuming what the boff layout etc will be. Shows how much you know what is going on around here. Anyway back on topic. will the devs alls make different version so if we wanted to change the saucer etc?
Lt. Commander
# 845
01-01-2012, 12:24 PM
This ship is too big to be called a Cruiser; its a Battlecruiser.
But Battleships and Carriers are Command ships. The non fighting command ships of the old Navy had an era as a mobile base for a fleet Command forward. In the old parlance.. But as this Class will be waht the jupiter was supposed to be last season. we can look forward to more.

But a true flag ship is ADM Nelson at Trafalgar the largest most advanced or powerful ship in your fleet bar none hands down demanding respect and housing the facilities for versatile missions.

But the Flag Ship Role has never been properly displayed.
A Flagship never sails alone. Too big a target and billboard of national pride to be carlesly risk
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IT's the New Jersey in Tokyo Harbour and its also a ship leading defence and projecting the image that a peace time Galaxy Class Enterprise could.. with space for additional functions and housing staff areas.

its like a mobile starbase for deep space discovery and "First Contacts" like the movie. So ideally having more unique interior options could increase the versatility of this fine vessel.
Lt. Commander
# 846
01-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenshiBat View Post
This ship is too big to be called a Cruiser; its a Battlecruiser.
But Battleships and Carriers are Command ships. The non fighting command ships of the old Navy had an era as a mobile base for a fleet Command forward. In the old parlance.. But as this Class will be waht the jupiter was supposed to be last season. we can look forward to more.

But a true flag ship is ADM Nelson at Trafalgar the largest most advanced or powerful ship in your fleet bar none hands down demanding respect and housing the facilities for versatile missions.

But the Flag Ship Role has never been properly displayed.
A Flagship never sails alone. Too big a target and billboard of national pride to be carlesly risk
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IT's the New Jersey in Tokyo Harbour and its also a ship leading defence and projecting the image that a peace time Galaxy Class Enterprise could.. with space for additional functions and housing staff areas.

its like a mobile starbase for deep space discovery and "First Contacts" like the movie. So ideally having more unique interior options could increase the versatility of this fine vessel.
well like most things in life, a meaning of a word can change over time so who knows.
Lt. Commander
# 847
01-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adml_shake View Post
I'm not seeing it. I'm not even seeing any "break" lines where the saucer could separate.

It separates along the Double Lines from just in front of the Bridge Module, back to the Large Hanger Door (top view).

The Primary Hull, when seperated, appears to somewhat resemble the shape of the Enterprise Delta Symbol when viewed from above.
Lt. Commander
# 848
01-01-2012, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgald View Post
It's only evolution if it's better then it used to be......
'Better' is a relative term, and is dependent on the needs it was designed for.

For example, the original Volkswagen Beetle, which was released to the public in 1938, was intended as an inexpensive car that the 'average' person could afford. It was moderately powered, and was small, and convenient for everyday use. The design took the engine, and put it in the back, next to the drive wheels, eliminating the need for a driveshaft (among other things), and thus, eliminating cost.

Automobiles in general led to the birth of the pickup truck, which was designed for an entirely different reason: Hauling cargo.

You wouldn't buy a VW Bug if you had lots of stuff to carry, just like you wouldn't [shouldn't] buy a gigantic truck if you'd never utilize the cargo area.

Aesthetics are very important to me, but my ultimate decision to obtain any one specific thing is based on how much I may or may not use the item.

In closing, the 'evolution status' of the Enterprise will have to wait until we know exactly what the specifications are, and what the design can do, such as speed, combat, etc. For all we know, the next Enterprise could be a science vessel. And to put to rest the 'OMG Science Vessel? It's supposed to be a cruiser!' thoughts to rest, the original American ship Enterprise was not an aircraft carrier: It was a 'Sloop' ship. Gene Roddenberry took note of the fact that the United States (And possibly England) has always had a ship named 'Enterprise' (Or 'Enterprize,' as some may argue), and he apparently decided that it was a good name, and kept it going.

Okay, I'm done ranting.

(My hands are tired (joke). I never type this much in a single post.)
Lt. Commander
# 849
01-13-2012, 03:08 PM
The F does look like Voyager, but im still buyin it, if you don't like how it looks don't buy it. simple as that.
Lt. Commander
# 850
01-13-2012, 03:10 PM
The F does look like Voyager, but im still buyin it! If you don't like her looks, don't buy her!
Closed Thread