Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 151
08-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Oh, don't worry...now that the Klingons finally have the weapon they invented, it'll get "fixed" pretty quick, mark my words...
Lt. Commander
# 152
08-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
Oh, don't worry...now that the Klingons finally have the weapon they invented, it'll get "fixed" pretty quick, mark my words...
I'll drink to that!
Lt. Commander
# 153
08-12-2011, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haven View Post
Just give the KDF their pengs and I'll bet they'll be fixed rather fast, right after our B'rel death fleets cause a lot of tears. Hell they would actually give us a reason to use those flying coffins so two birds, one stone. :p
I believe we have a prophet....
Lt. Commander
# 154
08-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
B'Rel Retrofit with all pengs on the way

If they needed to be nerfed before the calls and screams for them to be nerfed now will be 100 times louder.
That's cool man, just jump on the band wagon.... These flavor of the week builds are whats ruining pvp in the first place. I've been flying a b'rel since they were released for the simple fact that it's a fun ship to fly. Guess FvK aren't going to be popping much anymore. thanks everyone
Lt. Commander
# 155
08-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoog
Guess FvK aren't going to be popping much anymore. thanks everyone
That is a good point. However, I think klinks need some time for revenge (it's therapeutic ). I would hope that in a week or two we can ditch the pengs in order to play fair, respectable PvP matches, and only bring the pengs out again during a match if feds are spamming them.
Lt. Commander
# 156
08-12-2011, 12:24 PM
Now that the day of Pengeance is upon us we can rest easy knowing that after this weekend, the calls of both the sensible who've always called for a 'peng adjustment, and the whiney who QQ now but loved it when only they had it, will be heeded. Maybe...

These are my findings on why it's an abomination (although a fun bit of rough justice) and must be stopped from another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
Well I've just done some testing this afternoon with a B'rel R using 4 'pengs up front, and another out back with a chronnie mine launcher. First, they are the same 'pengs, and are craftable for 30 Chronometric Wave Signatures I believe. They are also bind on pickup, so as somebody else pointed out, don't make more than you need, and if you want them you better get crafting. I can see the market for samples going mad on the exchange this weekend as people buy everything up to level in crafting.

On to how it plays...

Some ships can tank it quite well, others just diminish inside their shields and have no idea how to combat the B'rel. All in all, a decent player can return fire in the "window" quite easily unless the B'rel R ducks out of range as it fires, although that said, loading a b'rel up with high tier shield heals and stuff I was able to shield tank quite reasonably as well, and this is as a tac. An engineer in a Hegh'ta doing the shield tanking version of this would be even easier to keep alive. You can goad somebody into using their hazards, dissapear and fire when it's gone, or if somebody else uses hazards on them, I can switch to the ship that's just put it's hazards on cooldown. A bird of prey, one way or another has the ability to make you suffer direct to hull damage every 3 seconds now.

Edit: Also, one B'rel in amonst several ships, maybe carrier pets etc, mines... is much harder to get "in the window" than just a one on one in Ker'rat. Doing this at the periphary of an otherwise conventional battle is so much easier than going after a ship one on one. I noticed this in a C&H, and that's where the B'rel'peng is it's most devestating, hovering at the edge of big messy fights.

All in all, it's not much different to an LRSV peng spamming, which is to say, still very bad. The B'rel has the advantage of blistering manouverability by comparison however, especially with no power shunted to engines or shields. Combined with well specced sci like Tykens or CPB, this is a nasty, nasty set up.

I'm gonna go back to my pre-peng build tomorrow, but Pengeance day must be fulfilled first, and I'm going to have some fun with it before this issue is fixed, which I assume it will be from the sensible posts and the QQing of people who thought it was fine when only they had it.

Seriously Cryptic, I told you so. I so, so told you so. I told you so in many, many threads. Everything is unfolding as I have forseen...
Lt. Commander
# 157
08-12-2011, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
They should make a movie of this day and call it "The Empire Strikes Back"..........oh wait. :p
Lt. Commander
# 158
08-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
They should make a movie of this day and call it "The Empire Strikes Back"..........oh wait. :p
That... was actually pretty well played. That's why I say hey man nice shot!
Lt. Commander
# 159
08-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Quote:
That's cool man, just jump on the band wagon.... These flavor of the week builds are whats ruining pvp in the first place. I've been flying a b'rel since they were released for the simple fact that it's a fun ship to fly. Guess FvK aren't going to be popping much anymore. thanks everyone
My point exactly. The Pengs are OP feddies do not see it but once the KDF uses them they will see.
Lt. Commander
# 160
08-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Quote:
and as the carebear feddies cry out "why didn't you shoot them mavairo" there will be but one response. "lol"
Let the klinks have their justice it's only going to last 2 weeks before the pveheroes cry so hard, and threaten to unsub that the pengs get nerfed into oblivion.

Please just let them have this.

EDIT this isn't just justice for the klinks having to endure pengs since their stupid introduction to the game. Every single fed that refuses to use them (even now), is just as entitled to this pengjustice. This is also, having to suffer with the single worst ship ever implemented into this game the brel.