Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
07-20-2011, 05:25 PM
Yes:

Both Factions should get them.

They should be Unique, or at the very least put a shared CD on them so a ship loaded up with Hargh'Pengs can't fire em all at once.

The detonation timer should merely be reset if hit multiple times, not stack to increase the explosive yield. These are meant to be a low yield torpedo that completely ignores shields.

I like the mechanics behind the Hargh'Peng torpedo. It's interesting and different but like all such items, there are unforseen, exploitable consequences that often accompany when not carefully scrutinized.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-20-2011, 06:39 PM
I don't think both factions should get them, nor do i think they should be nerfed
I do think however, the KDF should get their own unique weapon that is on par Hargh'Peng's but with a different twist adding unique pros and cons.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-20-2011, 07:31 PM
^ yes i agree, the goomba death star lance should actually be as strong as the deathstar.

"That blast came from the Goomba, that thing is operational! All hands this is Captain Kirk, focus your fire on those Neghvars"

"We'll never be able to repel fire of that magnitude!"

"We'll last longer against them than those Goombas!"

-----

On topic, get rid of harpengs. horrible idea.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-20-2011, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaFly1983 View Post
I don't think both factions should get them, nor do i think they should be nerfed
I do think however, the KDF should get their own unique weapon that is on par Hargh'Peng's but with a different twist adding unique pros and cons.
Did you even play the mission? You know its a klingon weapon right? Its ours, you stole it and we are the ones that cant use it?
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-20-2011, 09:19 PM
The main issues with it are:

1: Inspite of the ease with which mission rewards can be changed, as was demonstrated in the FE reruns, there has as yet been no attempt to add it to an existing mission as a place holder to even the playing field. Considering the ammount of time it takes the KDF to get new content, this is even more imperative, and the fact it hasn't been done already is tremendously frustrating.

2: There is an obvious difficulty in getting them KDFside "as is" however, this is because short sightedly, they were only tested on tribble Fedside. This may not seem bad at first, but consider this: A Science ship with an all'peng build would need no power to weapons whatsoever, and could do damage direct to hull every three seconds, that's bad enough. Now, consider what a B'rel could do with the same set up, only worse, because it doesn't need power for shields either, and could fire them while cloaked. I've suspected for a while that the B'rel'Peng idea was the reason it's not been ported over, and was thought of after they went live, but before the KDF got them, and that this may be the reason for the delay. However, Cryptic haven't been tremendously communicative on this point, so all I can do is speculate.

To fix the Hargh'Peng, I think it needs to be made a unique item and added as a reward to an existing KDF mission, a relatively early one to maintain parity of course. For there to be a fore and aft set up, I think adjusting the Global cooldown to a higher ammount could work, perhaps 7.5 (inline with how the tricobalt cooldowns work) would allow for fore and aft. The Hargh'Peng could also be made to have "fore" and "aft" variants like the TOS phasers which would be unique to prevent two fore peng setups.
Lt. Commander
# 16 Well Cryprtic
07-20-2011, 09:24 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~WishStone
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-20-2011, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKfourtyseven
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~WishStone
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-20-2011, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
The main issues with it are:

1: Inspite of the ease with which mission rewards can be changed, as was demonstrated in the FE reruns, there has as yet been no attempt to add it to an existing mission as a place holder to even the playing field. Considering the ammount of time it takes the KDF to get new content, this is even more imperative, and the fact it hasn't been done already is tremendously frustrating.

2: There is an obvious difficulty in getting them KDFside "as is" however, this is because short sightedly, they were only tested on tribble Fedside. This may not seem bad at first, but consider this: A Science ship with an all'peng build would need no power to weapons whatsoever, and could do damage direct to hull every three seconds, that's bad enough. Now, consider what a B'rel could do with the same set up, only worse, because it doesn't need power for shields either, and could fire them while cloaked. I've suspected for a while that the B'rel'Peng idea was the reason it's not been ported over, and was thought of after they went live, but before the KDF got them, and that this may be the reason for the delay. However, Cryptic haven't been tremendously communicative on this point, so all I can do is speculate.

To fix the Hargh'Peng, I think it needs to be made a unique item and added as a reward to an existing KDF mission, a relatively early one to maintain parity of course. For there to be a fore and aft set up, I think adjusting the Global cooldown to a higher ammount could work, perhaps 7.5 (inline with how the tricobalt cooldowns work) would allow for fore and aft. The Hargh'Peng could also be made to have "fore" and "aft" variants like the TOS phasers which would be unique to prevent two fore peng setups.

Dang I forget about the B'Rel. Oh I would love to have pengs with a B'Rel. Too bad a ss would revail you as an ally. But man a B'Rel oh the chances to finally have something on the KDF side that would really be OP.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-20-2011, 09:48 PM
nope, other than giving it to both factions.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-20-2011, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
nope, other than giving it to both factions.
So, if I loaded up a B'rel with 5 Hargh'Pengs and a mine launcher or something for added flavour, and kept firing them off to do damage through shields, all the while staying cloaked, you'd be cool with that?:p