Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
07-21-2011, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Plasma torps isnt used because of the dot, but because of the bang...
...And thats why i said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam
the Plasma DoT is UP
my main has used plasma exclusively until the Pengs came out. I use them because of IP reasons.

Quote:
So do you propose the Plasmatorps should have the 2nd best (to Trics) burst as well as rival lolpengs?
Not sure what you are saying here, but yes i propose the plasma DoT gets a buff so they become more viable. Vis a vis Tri, Quant, and Pengs.

Stacking Plasma DoT might make them interesting too, they pay a heavy price for having the second best burst already. It is also the actual variable affected by investing skillpoint. So if they are only intended for high burst dmg, why is burst independent from skill points in plasma projectiles??

The dot, proc rate, dmg etc of pengs is fine, if you need limits on how many of them can be equipped, fine.
Lt. Commander
# 32
07-21-2011, 04:07 AM
Quote:
...And thats why i said...

my main has used plasma exclusively until the Pengs came out. I use them because of IP reasons.

Not sure what you are saying here, but yes i propose the plasma DoT gets a buff so they become more viable. Vis a vis Tri, Quant, and Pengs.

Stacking Plasma DoT might make them interesting too, they pay a heavy price for having the second best burst already. It is also the actual variable affected by investing skillpoint. So if they are only intended for high burst dmg, why is burst independent from skill points in plasma projectiles??

The dot, proc rate, dmg etc of pengs is fine, if you need limits on how many of them can be equipped, fine.
Last line I agree with *if* a GCD is added or the Torpedos are made unique items.

If Plasma dot is boosted, then the HYT damage needs to go down.. You cannot have the 2nd best burst torpedo *with* a dot that is also a threat.

That isnt "balance"

In any case, transphasics need to improved first, since Plasmas *are* viable as is, og and Chronitons as well.. Then they should look at beamweapons, since there is no benefit from using any other weapons than Phasers or Disruptors..

What is this "heavy" price you talk about?

The 900 skillpoints used to spec them in place of Quantums? (assuming you go 9/9), 900 skillpoints for the ability to oneshot any ship is cheap.. Further 900 skillpoint to avoid using a BO slot on HYT is also fair.

Edit: I have a post on the STO Discussion forum as well:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=224870
Lt. Commander
# 33
07-21-2011, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode

2: There is an obvious difficulty in getting them KDFside "as is" however, this is because short sightedly, they were only tested on tribble Fedside. This may not seem bad at first, but consider this: A Science ship with an all'peng build would need no power to weapons whatsoever, and could do damage direct to hull every three seconds, that's bad enough. Now, consider what a B'rel could do with the same set up, only worse, because it doesn't need power for shields either, and could fire them while cloaked. I've suspected for a while that the B'rel'Peng idea was the reason it's not been ported over, and was thought of after they went live, but before the KDF got them, and that this may be the reason for the delay. However, Cryptic haven't been tremendously communicative on this point, so all I can do is speculate.
Oh, my god. This would most literally be the worst thing to ever happen to PvP in this game. I would honestly quit playing this game if the KDF was given Hargh'Pengs as is. Their would be no point to continue since roughly 70% of Federation Teams lack the ability to hunt down cloaked ships. A B'rel Retrofit with all Hargh'pengs would be the end all, be all of PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 34
07-21-2011, 06:40 AM
Quote:
What is this "heavy" price you talk about?
destructible projectile
Lt. Commander
# 35
07-21-2011, 07:00 AM
Pengs? I like the flavor they add. I used them on a shuttle once in a T5 sci vessel vs 4 shuttles match. No one complained if they even noticed. But I sense that is not what folks are getting at here. In my example I could not stack as I refuse to run without an energy weapon.

I do not like that only the Feds get them.

I do not like that their proc can stack so high.

I do not like the notion that they take so little skill to exploit, (and trust me I stink at wringing the most out of a weapon system in PvP).

I agree with those who say keep them but fix the proc, make them unique, (edit), and add them to the KDF arsenal.
Lt. Commander
# 36
07-21-2011, 07:03 AM
Lt. Commander
# 37
07-21-2011, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_K
Their would be no point to continue since roughly 70% of Federation Teams lack the ability to hunt down cloaked ships.
Heaven forbid that Federation players have to learn new tactics...
Lt. Commander
# 38
07-21-2011, 08:34 AM
As fast as peng threads get taken down on these boards, our opinions are hardly noticeable.

I've been an advocate of the Peng since the beginning, but for a reason that has nothing to do with the exploit. My idea for fixing pengs is simple, effective, and still makes them a good bang for the buck.

Remove the second explosion! Remove it altogether. It's not needed. It already does about 10k damage per shot, which is more than a single specced quantum but less than a quantum salvo. Limiting the peng to a single impact, medium damage torpedo would be great for science ships (who make the best out of timed torpedo shots) and would still make quantums, plasmas, and tricobalts the biggest damage dealers.

My Intrepid is equipped with 2 warhead chamber consoles...my peng hits for 15k against bare hull. I don't want that to be nerfed, but there is no need for a secondary explosion with that kind of damage, especially when I use a tricobalt as well.

If anything should have shield bypassing secondary explosions, it should be the chroniton torpedo, as per canon. But you should have to pay heavily for that ability, and it shouldn't be able to one-shot someone like the peng does now.
Lt. Commander
# 39
07-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Quote:
destructible projectile
That is only a problem if you dont know how to use them.. Around 80%+ of my HYT Plasmas reached their target, outside fighting premades built upon the broken FAW.
Lt. Commander
# 40
07-21-2011, 09:19 AM
I think the Hargh'Peng Torpedo should be made avalible to the inventors of the weapon...
That is all...