Lt. Commander
# 1 Give Foundry mission better XP
07-20-2011, 01:40 PM
I know Foundry has been down for quite awhile, but before it went down I did some missions, all of them very well made.
However, even if the content itself is really interesting and fun, the reward for it is.. less entertaining.
Don't remember the name of the mission I did but it took about 30-40min to do and after it was done, I recieved 50xp for a job well done on my Cmdr lvl 1.

Cryptic should really look over the mission XP reward system to make the User genereted content more appealing to us who want to level with the help of Foundry.
Atleast 200-400xp in mission reward had felt a lot better.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-21-2011, 01:04 PM
that would be fine if you could guarantee each mission was a certain length. there are many shorter missions, and unfortunately too many exploit missions that could abuse the system.

i highly doubt they will change the xp rewards from a blanket 50 points.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-21-2011, 01:48 PM
Yea... just look at the accolade/loot exploits... Or the daily exploit.

Untill a workable method of granting proper XP/Loot/drops can be created and controled without too much interruption from cryptic, the current way has to be the solution.

It's sad, but the few always ruin it for the many.

Untill then, take satisfaction with the fact that there are some well written missions out there.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-21-2011, 01:53 PM
Absolutely, pretty please! While those those fondry missions on the Fed side aren't the big deal about leveling. They are for some KDF players the A and O of the entire gameplay. I am one of those KDF players. And I am after dozens of played foundry missions the 3rd day in line still lc. While I was playing Fed I got in 3 days from lt to captain. Grinding is totally not my thing, neiter massive PVP. Once in a while is fun, but doing it all along, no thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-21-2011, 03:51 PM
Yeah, I myself don't have any suggestion yet to work around the problem of exploit, but the Foundry is very more essential to us who still levels. Instead of going through the same quest-elements of the Cryptic made, you can instead walk into the Foundry and always discover something new.

But its not that appealing to the cause that the XP reward really is not great.
Anyway, I hope Cryptic will look into this at some point. Leveling by using Foundry sounds like a really neat way so you never know as a player what to expect then just going through all the old content over and over again.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-22-2011, 12:59 AM
i know their is satisfaction in levelling quickly but the beauty about levelling is that it always gives you something to strive for.

i hear so many players say they have hit VA in a week, a month, two months and now have nothing to do. they can still play the missions for fun, but for some reason without that sense of progression they are lost.

one of the complaints is this game is too short. the foundry actually makes the game last longer so dont be in too much of a hurry to get to the end. you might find the journey there was more fun that the arrival.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-22-2011, 01:55 AM
I don't disagree with you guys, especially in theese times of content lack (for me missions is content, not ships and other stuff).

So... Any ideas about how a viable system for better XP rewards could look?
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-22-2011, 02:31 AM
Have the system simply track how long you've been in the mission and scale the reward that way. There would be a time cap to how much maximum experience could be accrued. (1 hour)

Spend 30 minutes doing a mission and get the standard reward for completing a story mission, spend 1 hour and get 50% more...

Problem solved! And free of charge no less
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-22-2011, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekSlide
Have the system simply track how long you've been in the mission and scale the reward that way. There would be a time cap to how much maximum experience could be accrued. (1 hour)

Spend 30 minutes doing a mission and get the standard reward for completing a story mission, spend 1 hour and get 50% more...

Problem solved! And free of charge no less
That's one idea, but that can be exploited too. Just go into a cheese mission, afk for an hour, and complete.

I think there should be a "how much did I do" meter. We already have that in the form of per-kill skill point gains. It just doesn't count finding clickies. So have clickies worth some transparent "foundry points", and then have npc kills worth as many foundry points as they are worth skill points. The more "foundry points" you get in a mission, the bigger the XP reward.

The problem is that can be cheesed too by putting a ton of clickes close together in a small room. So cap the rate you can get "foundry points" by time. For example, if the game is set so you can get at most 10 foundry points a minute, then if you took 20 minutes to complete the mission and you got more than 200 foundry points, say 250, the game would cap your foundry points at 200, then compute the XP reward. And now you have foundry missions giving rewards appropriate for the effort, and foundry authors would automatically start pacing their missions at the rate Cryptic wants, inserting appropriate filler between point opportunities.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelras View Post
That's one idea, but that can be exploited too. Just go into a cheese mission, afk for an hour, and complete.

I think there should be a "how much did I do" meter. We already have that in the form of per-kill skill point gains. It just doesn't count finding clickies. So have clickies worth some transparent "foundry points", and then have npc kills worth as many foundry points as they are worth skill points. The more "foundry points" you get in a mission, the bigger the XP reward.

The problem is that can be cheesed too by putting a ton of clickes close together in a small room. So cap the rate you can get "foundry points" by time. For example, if the game is set so you can get at most 10 foundry points a minute, then if you took 20 minutes to complete the mission and you got more than 200 foundry points, say 250, the game would cap your foundry points at 200, then compute the XP reward. And now you have foundry missions giving rewards appropriate for the effort, and foundry authors would automatically start pacing their missions at the rate Cryptic wants, inserting appropriate filler between point opportunities.
Everything is exploitable, however, there is an in game afk timer... and if you think about it, someone can get more xp by doing missions in that hour instead of being AFK. The benefits FAR outweigh the risks with my solution/system!

The solution I've proposed is as un-exploitable as possible.

Here's an example to clarify my idea...

A story mission or featured episode awards me 343 skill points normally. It would take someone playing a foundry mission for 30 minutes to get that. If they went over to one hour, they would get 50% more rewards...

343 X 1.5 = 514.5

Exploitable? Hardly.