Lt. Commander
# 11
07-22-2011, 02:53 PM
No foundry XP... none! Foundry should have a Bad loot table, Uncommon Mk XI Cap in normal, In Advanced, White Mk XII, Elite, Uncommon Mk XII
It shoudl still count twards accolades
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenMirror
No foundry XP... none! Foundry should have a Bad loot table, Uncommon Mk XI Cap in normal, In Advanced, White Mk XII, Elite, Uncommon Mk XII
It shoudl still count twards accolades
You want them to make the Foundry even less attractive than before?
If you want more people using the foundry, your suggestion is to make it less rewarding than other content in game?
Wow... let's implement your suggestion right away... not..
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-23-2011, 07:06 AM
I just reactivated to check out the STO progress and the foundry was one of the main reasons I reactivated, I assumed that it would be well stocked with good missions to level up on.

If 50xp is all I can hope for them I guess it's not going to be a place I will be visiting, I don't know how long I can bear clicking endless flashy things on the cryptic drivvel they call missions, I guess this will be another fleeting visit from me to STO.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-23-2011, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanagrah
I just reactivated to check out the STO progress and the foundry was one of the main reasons I reactivated, I assumed that it would be well stocked with good missions to level up on.

If 50xp is all I can hope for them I guess it's not going to be a place I will be visiting, I don't know how long I can bear clicking endless flashy things on the cryptic drivvel they call missions, I guess this will be another fleeting visit from me to STO.
you get a daily wrapper for 3 mission that gives a scaling xp reward as well, so its not just 50 xp. you also get xp from ships and mobs so its not quite as bad as it sounds.

and some of the missions are superb.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-23-2011, 07:49 PM
I am probably the lowest ranking player in the entire game. No alts or anything just a guy who levels slow as a kellian wind worm, But I for one say "to hell with the xp" I play the foundry missions for the story and immersive atmosphere!

I do understand where some of you are coming from though.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-23-2011, 10:43 PM
Find a way to prevent this from being exploited as well as correct current exploits in the foundry, and I'll be all for it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-24-2011, 10:36 PM
Well just to let you know

I don't play foundry missions for XP I play them because I actually enjoy them
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-25-2011, 08:21 AM
I believe there is a relativly simple and good way to make the foundry at least "a BIT" rewarding:

SOMEONE at Cryptic ,I believe, has to look through the Missions anyway, so why not chosing ONE Foundry mssions per day/week (whatever the resources allow) as a new type of "Daily" with Emblems/XP reward depending on lenth and difficulty of the mission?

That would promote good missions, give us "new" good content on a regular base AND make it rewarding to play foundry missions. And I dont see a way to exploit that.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-25-2011, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekSlide
You want them to make the Foundry even less attractive than before?
If you want more people using the foundry, your suggestion is to make it less rewarding than other content in game?
Wow... let's implement your suggestion right away... not..
You play to have fun Not to grind experiance. You make it possible for a player to exploit they will exploit that simple, its either everyone has to live with the exploits OR everyone needs to play for fun. Devs should go through foundry missions and get ones that tie with the game and canon and make them real content, like add a player foundry mission to the game with real rewards. That way players can have both fun and XP. I play foundry for fun so should all of u.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-26-2011, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenMirror
You play to have fun Not to grind experiance. You make it possible for a player to exploit they will exploit that simple, its either everyone has to live with the exploits OR everyone needs to play for fun. Devs should go through foundry missions and get ones that tie with the game and canon and make them real content, like add a player foundry mission to the game with real rewards. That way players can have both fun and XP. I play foundry for fun so should all of u.
I don't "have" to do anything.

The quick proposal I made to add experience is as un-exploitable as it gets. Did you understand the example I set forth? Did you examine just how many hours it would take to get to maximum level?

Here, let me help you. Using the system I proposed above, let's say someone afk's Foundry missions for xp. They do this by using missions that can be completed by selecting the mission and entering the instance, only to click a glowie to finish it 1 hour later.

72700 skill points TOTAL. AVG of 400 skill points per hour. 72700 / 400 = 181.75 hours.

181.5 hours/24 = 7.5 days.

You can level faster using in game content than by the Foundry in my proposal. Also, with experience oonly being given when you enter a mission instance, people will not be able to just create a mission with a glowie in a static instance and get xp... It will have to be an created mission instance...

Instead of only people who want to play to experience new storylines (not necessarily good ones i might add), it would attract everyone, because it would be an ALTERNATE mode of leveling.

It's a win/win situation... for everybody involved....

Just because you choose to play the Foundry just for "fun", doesn't mean that the Foundry should remain the way it is... things do evolve on a daily basis! Check technology news and you'll see what i mean.