Lt. Commander
# 21
07-26-2011, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
I believe there is a relativly simple and good way to make the foundry at least "a BIT" rewarding:

SOMEONE at Cryptic ,I believe, has to look through the Missions anyway, so why not chosing ONE Foundry mssions per day/week (whatever the resources allow) as a new type of "Daily" with Emblems/XP reward depending on lenth and difficulty of the mission?

That would promote good missions, give us "new" good content on a regular base AND make it rewarding to play foundry missions. And I dont see a way to exploit that.
Given the extreme number of missions that people are creating in a multitude of languages, do you think that this would be feasible for a company as small as Cryptic's?
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-27-2011, 03:10 AM
adding more xp to foundry will just mean people will make get high lvl quick type maps whereas at the moment its about story telling mostly.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-28-2011, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekSlide
Given the extreme number of missions that people are creating in a multitude of languages, do you think that this would be feasible for a company as small as Cryptic's?
As I said, somewone has to look through it anyway. Its not needet to have an overview over all of them, its just picking regulary one of the missions controlled anyway. And of course english-language-missions... since no other localisation works anyway I believe all STO players left at least basicly understand english.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Yea... just look at the accolade/loot exploits... Or the daily exploit.

Untill a workable method of granting proper XP/Loot/drops can be created and controled without too much interruption from cryptic, the current way has to be the solution.

It's sad, but the few always ruin it for the many.

Untill then, take satisfaction with the fact that there are some well written missions out there.
this X 10. Which is why I repeatedly ask for devs to take more proactive steps to prevent foundry abuse rather than resort to having players flood the ticket ques with complaints about them and addressing only a few of those tickets.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-31-2011, 03:12 PM
Doesn't the foundry already estimate the length based on average playtime? Couldn't the devs just attach an equation that bases xp on that length of time?
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Doesn't the foundry already estimate the length based on average playtime? Couldn't the devs just attach an equation that bases xp on that length of time?
As long as the exploiters don't catch on to that and have a bunch of their alts stand still in a mission overnight with a keyboard macro keeping the average mission time of their broken console fixing mission up to get artificially better rewards.

Seriously, these exploiters are an organised bunch of sad people. I saw on a exploit mission they had a bunch of reviews on there to make them look like real missions from the same person - and they gave exactly word for word identical comment on several different missions. So there are more than one person and they are working together or it's the same guy with multiple accounts.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Exploiters are going to game any system you come up with. So the heck with em, let's not let that stop us from trying to improve the foundry
Lt. Commander
# 28 Imo No
08-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferren
I know Foundry has been down for quite awhile, but before it went down I did some missions, all of them very well made.
However, even if the content itself is really interesting and fun, the reward for it is.. less entertaining.
Don't remember the name of the mission I did but it took about 30-40min to do and after it was done, I recieved 50xp for a job well done on my Cmdr lvl 1.

Cryptic should really look over the mission XP reward system to make the User genereted content more appealing to us who want to level with the help of Foundry.
Atleast 200-400xp in mission reward had felt a lot better.
Quite frankly the community have sadly abused the Foundry alot, to create risky, "practice" one-click missions to get the rewards, and everyone suffers.

Boost the XP, and the abuse will only get worst, until they find a way to publish/ approve the missions properly. The approval should not be done by the community as that in itself is open to abuse.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
As long as the exploiters don't catch on to that and have a bunch of their alts stand still in a mission overnight with a keyboard macro keeping the average mission time of their broken console fixing mission up to get artificially better rewards.
Just cap the rewards at hour-long missions and this kind of behavior will hardly be worth the effort, but a true 1-hr mission can still be much more rewarding than a 1-console mission.