Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
07-21-2011, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooiue View Post
Season 6 in Summer 2012 is the date for Romulans as of right now. The devs are concentrating of Fleet stuff for Season 5 in December/January 2012 THEN the Romulans will come.
HAHAHAHAHA This game can barely string two factions together, I doubt this is a real number to them.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-21-2011, 11:05 PM
I just got Blued to return for mah belowed Romulans :>
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-22-2011, 05:47 AM
None at all.

The waay factions in STO work right now means
- completly diffrent content
- no way of playing together

and both of that with
a. Too less content for BOTH factions in game already
b. a not that big comunity all over....

So the result of more factions just means:
- even LESS people to play with since more are in other factions
- even LESS content for everybody.

As long as factions work the way they do right now no other factions should be addet; actually--- we already have 1 to much (and I'm saying that as a KDF player)
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
None at all.

The waay factions in STO work right now means
- completly diffrent content
- no way of playing together

and both of that with
a. Too less content for BOTH factions in game already
b. a not that big comunity all over....

So the result of more factions just means:
- even LESS people to play with since more are in other factions
- even LESS content for everybody.

As long as factions work the way they do right now no other factions should be addet; actually--- we already have 1 to much (and I'm saying that as a KDF player)
No. The Romulans is what everyone wants. They all want to fly a Warbird or a Scimitar or something and want to be able to either oppress the Remans, join Obisek or hunt your prey as Hirogen.

Not adding factions leaves a very limited experience with no ability to experience the game from any other perspective. Of course they will create content for the Romulans and the FE's continuous run from August onwards will provide much more content for both Feds and KDF.
Lt. Commander
If you look at it from a money stand point the Borg seem to be ripe for the next faction.

Its real easy to do since the Borg have been sitting there waiting, and studying the Federation adapting to the tactics waiting for the moment to swipe away the forces gaurding the gate, and push on to earth. Assimulation would start with ships that already have borg technolgy on them. Then the fleet gaurding the gate would become the first wave of assimulated ship to stream out near Risa.

Borg Faction Players would fly around in assimulated Federation and Klink ships.

This would force the Federation to seek a alliance with the Rom, Klinks, Tholans, 8472 in hopes of defeating the borg.

At the same time a Caregiver Aray would be built at Mem Alpha using data gathered by Voyagers scans to send an expedition force into the Delta Qaud. to strike at the main base of borg operation Unmatrix 01 in the hopes of downloading a Fractal virus that would spread to all of the borg shuting them down permently.

Meanwhile a fleet would be sent into the Gamma Qaudrent to find the Fonders and sign a treaty of military aid in hopes that the extra Dominion ships would turn the tide of battle, and help the Federation retake the gate.

Taking advantage of the chaos the Cards military plays its trump card seazing control of the Card goverment, and taking advantage of the current weakness in the Federation make a stab at capturing Deep Space 9 and Bajor using Alpha Gens that have been cloned kept in stasis for a number of years by the Obsidian Order. Unleasing a new army in one last dish attempt to rule the Alpha qaudrent.

With all this chaos in the Alpha Qaud. the Q would become split as to how to handle this situation. This would lead to the Q wars starting as civil war breaks out Picard is made young again as a last act of desperation as Q is made mortal, and lands naked next to Data on the Enterprise. This is the only help the Q's decide to give the Federation in defeating the borg.

The rest writes it self.

Thanks
zevermoon
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-22-2011, 10:19 PM
I thing you should start off either as a freshly assimilated drone then build your way up. Of course they would have to get inventive with a lot of their inner workings.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-22-2011, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooiue View Post
Favourites:-
- Undine
- Romulan

Why Undine? Because there is SO much to do there! You'd be a three legged humanoid wandering about replacing people

Most Probable at the Moment:-
- Romulan (Confirmed)
- Cardassian

NOT Borg. Why? What would you do?
The answer is fly Borg ships, destroy and assimilate ships and people. Thats it. Thats your entire gameplay. You would not craft (since Borg assimilate, not discover), you wouldn't explore and there would be limited storyline to the missions. Moving around assimilating ships can sound fun at first but after a while, it becomes...bleh. Boring. A Borg faction, in my opinion would just be a massive patrol mission.

Undine on the other hand, have a much more interesting gameplay. You can replace different NPC's from different factions and act out what their performances would be. Infiltration missions are always fun AND you get to fly their epic ships :

Romulans are obvious. Enough said

Cardies I will wait and see.
Someone who understands us Undine fans

The Undine Morphy thing could be turned into a Undine Super Elite mission.... Infiltrate your way to SFA and terminate NPC X .... species with the telepathic trait might see you as a target should you get too close...and anyone who scans you with the Undine scany thing.. well... Run or slaughter them all.

Right now I want to see the story between the Iconions and Undine progress ...

Breen might also be fun to play.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-24-2011, 10:28 AM
All these posts on two threads, and no one's nominated the Xindi (from third-season Enterprise) yet?

Five species (possibly a sixth if they brought back the Avians), with technology advanced enough to build a planet-killing weapon, and maybe even a vehicle to revisit the Temporal Cold War story arc that they left to twist in the wind in the final season of the TV series. What's not to like?
Lt. Commander
# 29 Xindi
07-24-2011, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-89471 View Post
All these posts on two threads, and no one's nominated the Xindi (from third-season Enterprise) yet?

Five species (possibly a sixth if they brought back the Avians), with technology advanced enough to build a planet-killing weapon, and maybe even a vehicle to revisit the Temporal Cold War story arc that they left to twist in the wind in the final season of the TV series. What's not to like?
I could see the Xindi as a Federation race they would have joined the federation by now and if you want to play one I'm sure if you select Alien explan that your a Xndi and run around in a merc outfit or federation uniform that would be cool.

The Xindi fan base is kinda low and its all about money and who's going to buy subscriptions thats why in the end your going to see a borg faction based on assimulated Federation ships with the borg queen giving missions of assimulation.

Thanks
zevermoon
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-24-2011, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan-g
i want them to bring in the romulans for us to play as how long till we get a new race to play as give us the romulans please
How about when Klingons actually have some content if they roll out Romulans now they will be in the same boat as Klingons and everyone will complain of how there is no content for Romulans