Lt. Commander
1. Would it be possible to have one of the "npc contacts" or default "objects" at SFA be an invis object or arch inside the holodecks?

This way, authors would have an immersive "door" on SFA where holonovels can be run.

It would also be great to have the same thing on esd. Instead of using generic doors to represent a holodeck, authors could have players enter a holodeck and initiate a holonovel.

2. Could we also have something to allow authors to transition a map to a different part of Earth? I'm not asking for a shuttlepod transport station, but is there anything that you could do to add a believable way for authors to use SFA to travel to other parts of the Earth?

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-21-2011, 11:13 AM
Yes, I like this idea. Let's use the holodecks on SFA a little better. Give us something to interact with for our foundry missions.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Agreed, it would be more interesting to have that ability.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-21-2011, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Rock View Post
Agreed, it would be more interesting to have that ability.
Hey, did you finish "Spawn of Medusa III" yet???
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Edit: Sorry, didn't realize that one of the npcs that we can use is a Ferengi working on a holodeck arch. Thanks Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-21-2011, 02:33 PM
i want to see the map, along with a couple others like qo'nos actually get added to the foundry as a proper useable map and not just as the social zone hook ups we have now.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-21-2011, 10:04 PM
There's profit in Holodecks. Just ask Quark!
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-22-2011, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhr View Post
Hey, did you finish "Spawn of Medusa III" yet???

Yes, and it was actually up before the great Foundry collapse. I only had the chance to fix part 1 and 2
and republish before the Foundry was pulled down, so it's stuck in my unpublished list. I actually almost
have Part IV's maps complete, but that too was put on hold until it's back up. Hopefully soon.

Duke-of-Rock
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Yeah, I want to make a mission set in the Academy holodecks. I was very surprised to find, on Tribble, that they aren't hooked up. I think that the holodeck consoles in all three holodecks should be separately interactable.

Also, for travelling to different areas of Earth, they could hook up the transporters on ESD as interactables, and then mission authors could make the interact be "Beam to African Plains" or whatever.