Lt. Commander
screenshots-

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/57...DDC666E3432FA/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/57...5354591B7A478/

when the camera is closer then 2 kms to these ships they switch back to the player model we see, as if it is the more detailed model. i think the low poly and high poly model got switched, ether way i'd like to see those glows on the model we use
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-18-2011, 10:18 AM
how did you get it to display at 2km?

i have my view distance maxed out, if i see the glow it is only a few pixels big, have you put the slider all the way down?

this also is true for the D-7 version, it had blue glows, back when it worked as intended.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-18-2011, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
how did you get it to display at 2km?

i have my view distance maxed out, if i see the glow it is only a few pixels big, have you put the slider all the way down?

this also is true for the D-7 version, it had blue glows, back when it worked as intended.
i'll have to check latter. bout to hit the sac. clear and present glows though in the supposed low poly model
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-18-2011, 03:29 PM
This has been the case for a while now. It's in the sticky list of known starship bugs being maintained up top.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-20-2011, 04:12 AM
When the glowing nacelles were introduced, the low and high-poly models were properly arranged meaning there was a glow when the ship was close to the camera and no glow when it was distant.
Several months ago someone appearently accidentally switched the high and the low-poly models and it has been pointed out again and again that this is the case.
It has been ignored since then because appearently such things are only of concern when they affect Federation ships.

*EDIT: here the old threads, notice the dates:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...ight=K%27tinga

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=193566

END EDIT*
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-20-2011, 12:54 PM
im well aware, note how i was the last one to post in one of those threads. i just thought i would fly around that ktinga again to get another look at the glows. i desired to take the screens and yet again try to get this fixed. the cap has had his eye on this forum lately and i was hoping he would see this thread
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-21-2011, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
im well aware, note how i was the last one to post in one of those threads. i just thought i would fly around that ktinga again to get another look at the glows. i desired to take the screens and yet again try to get this fixed. the cap has had his eye on this forum lately and i was hoping he would see this thread
You are aware of it, but not veryone else in here is I presumed.
Not to mentione those who only read this thread but don't respond to it.
Note how I did not quote you in my post but threw it into the thread in general.
I also thought it did not hurt to point to threads where this had already been mentioned,
proving this is not a recent issue.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-21-2011, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
You are aware of it, but not veryone else in here is I presumed.
Not to mentione those who only read this thread but don't respond to it.
Note how I did not quote you in my post but threw it into the thread in general.
I also thought it did not hurt to point to threads where this had already been mentioned,
proving this is not a recent issue.
i was just stating that i have been a 'champion of the cause' since the problem appeared. yes, the more people know about this the better. more people will want it fixed, and it is a long overdue fix that everyone can see based on the dates in those threads. but those threads are more then 30 days old, posting in them would get them locked, so i made a new thread about it because there has never been a dev acknowledging this issue. so keep bumping the thread till it gets noticed everyone!